Help connecting heat bed to rambo

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Help connecting heat bed to rambo

Post by skyjuice »

Hello everyone!

This is my first post and my first printer, so excuse my lack of knowledge. The reason I'm here is because I cannot seem to find what exactly I connect the heat bed to on my new V3? I have read the manual, but it seems VERY vague to me. I have the two white wires fed up through one of the towers already, i just dont know where to go from there. Besides that, everything else is assembled. Can someone please help me?

Brandon
Traverse City, MI
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Help connecting heat bed to rambo

Post by geneb »

What step in the Final Assembly doc are you getting hung up on? It's pretty clear what goes where.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

You'll want to connect them to one of the thermistor sockets. And from what I see, unfortunately, the manual isn't entirely clear (Geneb, is the correct socket noted somewhere and just not loading, or did that get overlooked/edited out accidentally?). However, I'm pretty sure you want to attach it to the T2 socket, as with a V2.

Let us know if you have any other problems, or projects. We enjoy helping with and seeing both.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I can only assume that people are not watching the videos.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

geneb wrote:I can only assume that people are not watching the videos.g.
Not to criticize your efforts Gene, but working with video is terrible. It is nice to have exampled things in video BEFORE you start building, but as a reference WHILE building it is just a lot more work than patient paper on your desk. Video needs to be paused, rewinded and started over too much. Well for me in particular, because I cannot keep up to someone else his pace... :?
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

DeltaCon wrote:
geneb wrote:I can only assume that people are not watching the videos.g.
Not to criticize your efforts Gene, but working with video is terrible. It is nice to have exampled things in video BEFORE you start building, but as a reference WHILE building it is just a lot more work than patient paper on your desk. Video needs to be paused, rewinded and started over too much. Well for me in particular, because I cannot keep up to someone else his pace... :?

I'd have to agree based on building our V2, I would have hated video instructions. The checkpoint videos were a nice touch, but having paper in front of you when building something like this much better to me.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

geneb wrote:I can only assume that people are not watching the videos.

g.
I looked for a video on that step, as well as one for a step that included connecting things to the Rambo. I found different videos and pictures loaded when I tried refreshing it, but never got a video or picture that made sense of that.

I'm also with Twotone and Deltacon on the paper instructions version. I would offer to transcribe video and pull pictures out to make a written version, if life weren't rather hectic right now.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Rostock MAX”