Repetier not reading extruder temp on job run

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
maxamaral
Plasticator

Repetier not reading extruder temp on job run

Post by maxamaral »

Hy guys,

First of all, I'm a complete noob on this universe and I have just finished assembling/calibrating my first Rostock Max Printer.

I'm following all the info on the manual and I already amnaged to calibrate the PID settings for for the Onix bed and the Extruder. While the system is idle, the Repeitier software (I have both 0.85 and 0.9 versions) reads both temperatures just fine, and they match the reading on the LCD panel as well.

However, I'm trying to perform my first print - the hollow cube - and I noticed that when I press run, the system heats the bed first up to 55C, then it heats the extruder. This is where the issue happens - the LCD shows the temperature rising just OK, up to 230C target, but the repetier software freezes the temperature reading on whaterver temeprature is was reading just before receiveing the M109 S230 G-code. So, the printing process freezes in this command, since it never received the "temp achived" info from the software to start printing.

If I kill the job, then the repetier software immediately shows the correct temperature on my computer screen, so it's not really a temperature reading issue, it's probably a software issue.

I tried the 2 newest Repetier-Host versions (0.85 and 0.9) with the same results.

Anyone knows how to fix that?

Thanks a lot,

Max
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Re: Repetier not reading extruder temp on job run

Post by JohnStack »

Noticed that - definitely a software issue.

Repetier seems to issue a reset at interesting times.

I know there is a timeout in the firmware - that figures in there somewhere as well.

Anyone know the logic behind all of this?
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gimbal
Printmaster!

Post by Gimbal »

Sounds like an amp starvation problem
maxamaral
Plasticator

Post by maxamaral »

The only workaround I found out was to manually pre-heat the extruder and then removed the M109 S230 G-code, so it skips the temperature check and starts working.

If anyone of you experts find a solution to try, please let me know!

Thanks a lot,

Max
foshon
Printmaster!

Post by foshon »

There is a setting in the firmware that will allow you to change how close the temp has to be before the firmware sends the ok. I don't know if it will help or not, but maybe worth a shot.
Purple = sarcasm

Please do a board search before posting your question, many have been answered with very time consuming detail already.

Return to “Rostock MAX”