Correct adjustment for the Cheapskate Bearings..

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Correct adjustment for the Cheapskate Bearings..

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Got it! Thanks Edward.
dsnettleton
Printmaster!

Post by dsnettleton »

Those bearing covers look cool, but they'll be a lot of work to set up. So... Who wants to be my guinea pig and go first?

I'd love to know how they perform.
Trust me, sir. I'm a wizard.
kit
Prints-a-lot

Post by kit »

Well daftscience shared his experience on this post.

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... =10#p17240

daftsceience: "I have the bearing flanges on now, but they push the belt out enough that it's rubbing with the acetyls"

I remember reading that someone made adjustments to the bearings so that they fit better. But now I cant seem to find the post. Either way Im still going to print out these new bearings and see how they work with the rostock i have. Ill share my experience once i get it done.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

kit wrote:Well daftscience shared his experience on this post.

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... =10#p17240

daftsceience: "I have the bearing flanges on now, but they push the belt out enough that it's rubbing with the acetyls"

I remember reading that someone made adjustments to the bearings so that they fit better. But now I cant seem to find the post. Either way Im still going to print out these new bearings and see how they work with the rostock i have. Ill share my experience once i get it done.
I'm not sure what daftscience meant when he says that its rubbing on the acetyls. The belt is confined within the printed flanges so his statement confuses me.
I'll be glad when you print these and find out for yourself how well they work. Thanks for offering to share your experience with them.
kit
Prints-a-lot

Post by kit »

Hm... yeah now that i think about it.... How is it hitting the acetyl? Maybe his prints are too small and the depth of the bearing cover isnt deep enough. Dont know.

And Im happy to share my experience with this forum since its helped me out alot but dont hold your breath. Im still working on the rambo wiring and soldering. and because ive never soldered anything before ive got to take some time practicing, and then comes the calibration of the rostock, which i have heard is pretty time consuming. But once i get a good print ill post it.
tc3jg
Printmaster!

Post by tc3jg »

hey ive got a question regarding the cheapskates. Mine on all three axis are scratching the rails. but If i loosen the bearing on the back side it is too lose and wiggles right to left
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

tc3jg wrote:hey ive got a question regarding the cheapskates. Mine on all three axis are scratching the rails. but If i loosen the bearing on the back side it is too lose and wiggles right to left
It can take a little finesse to get those just right. I start by having the back bearing loose and lightly tighten the side with the eccentric bearings until there is no wiggle when you twist it
slightly. Then tighten the eccentric bearing screw but watch out because the act of tightening them can shift the bearings slightly. I usually hold them in place until I snug the screw.
After I get those bearings and the opposite side snug against the rail I tighten the back bearing. When I use the word tighten I mean just barely snug. The back bearing especially will
put too much drag on the cheapskate. A properly adjusted cheapskate will have no play yet if you raise it too the top of the rail and drop it, it will drop rapidly with little friction. It is
a knack to get them properly adjusted but it just takes a little practice. You can do it. This is covered in our latest assembly manual created by Geneb, do you have a copy of it? It is
available in our documentation sub-forum. Happy printing!
tc3jg
Printmaster!

Post by tc3jg »

E I see what you mean umm I think I love you all here I go! Going to get it right as I just got in some clear Abs an I want to toy with some markers!

Return to “Rostock MAX”