RAMBo Quad Extruder Extension Development

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: RAMBo Quad Extruder Extension Development

Post by Nylocke »

If anyone wants to dable with the I2C connection, that's fine. I created this mod to be simple enough to implement for the average hacker, without any fancy programming or much else. It is meant to run via the standard systems proven to work from RAMPS.
Maco
Plasticator

Post by Maco »

That is more than perfect for me, thanks Nylocke
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

pyrophreek wrote:Just an idea, but if I recall correctly, there is a I2C communication port on the Rambo. Would it be possible to use that to interface with a small breakout board which controls the additional extruder/Hotend?
It's possible but I don't know if I2C is fast enough to control the steppers.
JJPowelly
Prints-a-lot

Post by JJPowelly »

If anyone is still wondering, or hasn't figured it out yet, I figured out how to add extra extruders to the Rambo board... I got a 3rd extruder running right now for the diamond hotend, and with a little bit more firmware configuring, I could probably squeeze in a 4th, however, I would need to limit microstepper due to lack of extension pins on the MX ports
enggmaug
Printmaster!

Post by enggmaug »

Funny I also went that road, but never saw this post before.

But when I realized even mhackney could not manage to get satisfying results with multiple nozzles, I kept the kraken, but used it as a single head, and never achieved the board I designed.
JJPowelly
Prints-a-lot

Post by JJPowelly »

Did you get to the point where you actually got the stepper to spin in a nice controlled manner? That's what took me the longest... I had to play with the pins and try different configurations over and over again.... Give me a little while and I'll post everything that I did. But it is working great for me right now. I made a little extension PCB with an A4988 driver.
JJPowelly
Prints-a-lot

Post by JJPowelly »

Here's a quick video I made explaining everything....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QRihC ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Rostock MAX”