Makerware miracle grue slicer

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
Patrick
Noob

Makerware miracle grue slicer

Post by Patrick »

Has anyone else tried the Makerware software to generate gcode? I find it much better than slic3r.

I am trying to figure out how to convert the dual extruder gcode from miracle grue to work with Repetier, but have not had the time to look into this. Has anyone had any luck with this?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Makerware miracle grue slicer

Post by Eaglezsoar »

If you do not receive many replies to your message it's not that we are trying to ignore you. There are very few people, if any, that have experience with Miracle Grue or any
Makerbot software. It could very well be better than Slic3r but being that this forum is 99% Delta printer related we are familiar with Slic3r, KissSlicer and Cura as the primary slicers
that we use. Hopefully someone will be familiar with the Miracle Grue but if not I do not want you to feel ignored.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Post by jmpreuss »

Patrick wrote:Has anyone else tried the Makerware software to generate gcode? I find it much better than slic3r.

I am trying to figure out how to convert the dual extruder gcode from miracle grue to work with Repetier, but have not had the time to look into this. Has anyone had any luck with this?
I have used makerware, but only for my rep2.

I guess the first place to start would be to find out the gcode differences for dual extruding between the two. In an easy world there would be direct mapping and a simple text search and replace would do it.

I personally would be pretty cautious though, MBI gcodes are often quite different and if you don't catch them all you might get a mid print surprise.
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

jmpreuss wrote:
Patrick wrote:Has anyone else tried the Makerware software to generate gcode? I find it much better than slic3r.

I have used makerware, but only for my rep2.

I guess the first place to start would be to find out the gcode differences for dual extruding between the two. In an easy world there would be direct mapping and a simple text search and replace would do it.

I personally would be pretty cautious though, MBI gcodes are often quite different and if you don't catch them all you might get a mid print surprise.
Off topic question, jmpreuss how many 3d printers do you have? I see a RMAX and an Orion in your avatar and you have a replicator 2. Just me being nosy.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Post by jmpreuss »

Eaglezsoar wrote: Off topic question, jmpreuss how many 3d printers do you have? I see a RMAX and an Orion in your avatar and you have a replicator 2. Just me being nosy.
Just those 3 (and the spouse is not going to sign off on any more :P ). The rep2 arrived in November '12 (serial number < 500). I purchased the max last April and am still calibrating. Won the Orion in September.
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
Patrick
Noob

Post by Patrick »

Thanks, Eagle. I wasn't expecting a big response. I only found one other person trying this with a Solidoodle.

You guys should give it a try as the software is free and tool paths are much more efficient. Just make sure to change all of the initial X141 moves to X100, replace all of the "A" to "E" and replace the start and end codes with the ones for the Rostock. I have done a few 8-10 hr prints with very good results. I now only use Slic3r for quick and simple prints.

The problem with dual extruders is Slic3r uses a command to switch the extruders and miracle grue uses "A1" or "A2" to specify which extruder to use. This is what I've found so far with my limited time experimenting with this.
littlecatlabs
Plasticator

Post by littlecatlabs »

Patrick wrote:You guys should give it a try as the software is free and tool paths are much more efficient. Just make sure to change all of the initial X141 moves to X100, replace all of the "A" to "E" and replace the start and end codes with the ones for the Rostock. I have done a few 8-10 hr prints with very good results. I now only use Slic3r for quick and simple prints.
Thank you!! So glad I was able to find this info; trying to do exactly that.

Return to “Rostock MAX”