Ceiling Mount

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
flickerfly
Plasticator

Ceiling Mount

Post by flickerfly »

I'm probably thinking even more crazy, but how difficult would it be to mount this on the ceiling for use in a tight office environment? With some lengthening of the axis, it could be made very convenient and not take up desk space. The idea of that length makes me want to try crazy things like a large version of the Washington Monument.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: Ceiling Mount

Post by johnoly99 »

That sounds pretty cool! I want to put mine upside down and print, just cause?
flickerfly
Plasticator

Post by flickerfly »

:-) Yeah, thought of printing upside down, but then I'd need to install a ladder also.
stienman
Printmaster!

Post by stienman »

Eventually we'll just have them installed on the ceiling with advanced optical image processing. Just put the build plate on your desk anywhere, tell the robot to print, and it'll track the plate and build the object on top of it. It'll stay out of the way when not in use, pressed up against the ceiling like a daddy long legs waiting for another command.
flickerfly
Plasticator

Post by flickerfly »

I like the sound of that!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Yes please! Sounds awesome to me.
kilroyo
Printmaster!

Post by kilroyo »

Its decided someone is going to have to mount it on the ceiling, ,, sounds like an awesome idea. Definetly different, and would be cool as hell
flickerfly
Plasticator

Post by flickerfly »

Yeah, I'm wishing I had 20' ceilings and 17' lengths of that aluminum extrusion. The 15' high prints would be pretty good for geek cred I should think. With the rostock delta print style, bracing along that length wouldn't be as critical as in other styles right?
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

You are correct flicker. There's little side load on anything, it's all vertical. I don't think the Tslot would "stretch" even in 20' lengths! Good call on the massive amount of geek cred you'd get with that thing!

Return to “Rostock MAX”