Working firmware and configuration.h files?

The RAMBo board is finally here, and here's a place to talk about it!
Xavier
Plasticator

Working firmware and configuration.h files?

Post by Xavier »

OK. I'm not having any luck getting anything out of my Rambo with smart controller. The LCD won't compile...

I have both Marlin and repetier firmware and can now upload them to the Rambo. Configuration.h fails to compile when I try to include the LCD.

So, does anyone have a configuration.h file for either of these firm. Jwares that doesn't need any changes to work? I only have the motors heat bed extruder and LCD connected at this time. I just want to get anything working . I can easily get the homing switches connected. I have no machine yet.

BTW. If the board type is 33 instead of 301 (Rambo) I have my doubts it will compile for me. Those are the ones I can't get to work. I want one that someone is actually using.

Thanks,

X
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Working firmware and configuration.h files?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

The full firmware is available on the download.seemecnc.com page. If you're having compiler errors and other oddities, I'd start from a "fresh" copy.

Have you been documenting the things you need to change in the firmware for your machine?
Xavier
Plasticator

Post by Xavier »

I have used "fresh" downloads. Both repetier and marlin. I have looked at all the documentation I can find. I don't care what the thing does. Anything! Motors turning would be thrilling. LCD having anything but white squares would be great. I will load any working configuration.h file. Any firmware. I just want to try a known working configuration.

X
ApacheXMD
Printmaster!

Post by ApacheXMD »

I'm not 100% sure, but if you don't have your endstops hooked up yet, then the motors might not want to move.

Endstops by default (seemecnc repetier) are configured to be Normally closed. When the machine hits the endstops, the switches open the circuit. So if you have no switches installed yet, RAMBO might just think that you've already hit the endstops and refuse to move the motors. Try hooking up your endstop switches.

As far as your compiling issues, the "fresh" download of the seemecnc repetier firmware should at least compile without any changes at all.

What version of Arduino are you using?
Xavier
Plasticator

Post by Xavier »

I reflashed the Rambo with repetier. Did configuration.h. Everything compiled but still no LCD. At first it fussed about motor current defined, fixed that... Still no joy but now x, z, and e motors lock up. (A good thing). When I loaded the default configuration.h with board type 33 y and e locked up so I think the board is ok.

I have arduino 1.0.5.

I would eagerly try any configuration.h file that has smart controller LCD functional. I need a place to start.

X
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

Are you using the SeeMeCNC copy of repetier or loading it from the main repetier github?
The SeeMeCNC one should just work without any changes.
Configuring it manually is a pain in the ass.
Xavier
Plasticator

Post by Xavier »

Thanks for the suggestion.

I got the repetier max and loaded it up. The LCD now seems to be functional. Hooray! It makes noise and displays information.

Nothing seems to turn on. No motors. No bed heat. No extruded heat. Where is the on button?

Sorry for the blatantly noob question.

Thanks! Things are looking up!

X
Xavier
Plasticator

Post by Xavier »

Update... Pressing home all spins the x, y, and z motors a small amount. Good! Heat 1 has voltage. My extruded is connected to heat 0 so changes are needed.

The good news is the it's alive.

X

Return to “RAMBo”