can`t connect to Cura

Talk about Cura software here (http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Cura)
altarke
Printmaster!

can`t connect to Cura

Post by altarke »

Does anyone have this issue - just downloaded the Cura software and tried to connect the printer to it s I can see how this software slices and prints but I cant seem to get the Cura software to connect to the Rostock - is it locked to only use the Ultimaker 3d printer?

Thaks
Altarke

Rostock MAX V1 Printer
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: can`t connect to Cura

Post by Eaglezsoar »

altarke wrote:Does anyone have this issue - just downloaded the Cura software and tried to connect the printer to it s I can see how this software slices and prints but I cant seem to get the Cura software to connect to the Rostock - is it locked to only use the Ultimaker 3d printer?

Thaks
Try asking this question under the troubleshooting sub-forum. I don't think many users monitor this forum.
altarke
Printmaster!

Post by altarke »

Thanks - It's sitting here for two days - no response....
Altarke

Rostock MAX V1 Printer
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

From what I understood you don't use CURA directly on the Rostock, You use CURA to generate the Gcode then load that into Repetier Host.
barnett
Printmaster!

Post by barnett »

I haven't tried it, but apparently printing from cura can be done.

I have only used it as a slicer (save gcode from cura and load to repetier host).
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

The newest version of Cura seems to be more compatible with things other than the ultimaker. My custom Ultimaker with RAMPS and Marlin can connect, and I'm willing to bet the RAMBo I have can connect as well. I think with the release of the Ultimaker 2 they made it more compatible, just make sure you set it to auto detect port and baud rate, otherwise it doesn't seem to work.

Return to “Cura”