Cura 14.02 RC-1

Talk about Cura software here (http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Cura)
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Cura 14.02 RC-1

Post by ccavanaugh »

FYI,

Cura is adding a Z-hop (z-lift) option and Delta bed support for the 14.02 release!

It's not downloadable yet, but 14.02 RC-1 can be compiled from source.

I've tested it and it appears to be behaving quite well. And, development activities in general have stepped up considerably. It won't be too long before it's on parity with kisslicer.

I can post a 14.02 RC-1 64 bit Debian/Ubuntu package if anyone wants it.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Cura 14.02 RC-1

Post by Eaglezsoar »

That's good news now that Kisslicer is no longer being developed.
I hope they come out with the Windows version before too long.
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Post by dpmacri »

Eaglezsoar wrote:That's good news now that Kisslicer is no longer being developed.
Daid has posted versions for all OSes (Windows/Linux/Mac): http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

dpmacri wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:That's good news now that Kisslicer is no longer being developed.
Daid has posted versions for all OSes (Windows/Linux/Mac): http://software.ultimaker.com/Cura_closed_beta/
Thanks! I downloaded the Windows version and will try it out.
replicant
Plasticator

Post by replicant »

Any thoughts on Cura Eaglezoar? Mind sharing your settings for just getting it setup to slice for the Rostock Max?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

replicant wrote:Any thoughts on Cura Eaglezoar? Mind sharing your settings for just getting it setup to slice for the Rostock Max?
I gave up on Cura. It puts all that gibberish Gcode at the end of the generated gcode and if I manually delete it I get read errors from the SD card.

When they quit putting that line of gibberish at the end of the generated Gcode then I may give it a try because I am not happy with Slic3r and
Kisslicer is no longer being developed since Jonathan seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Slic3r is the one I call the hairy slicer because of all the hairs it leaves all over the place when using Pla. It's tool paths make absolutely no sense
and just seems to jump anywhere it wants instead of following a logical path.
Cura is definitely my choice in slicers once they get rid of the trash they append to the end of the Gcode. I think it is on RC5 now, maybe by RC12
they might have figured out how to write Gcode that is compatible with Repetier.
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

We're in the dark ages when it comes to slicing software. My problems: It's the wrong heuristic.

Interfaces that were written by machinists/mechanical engineeers and not interface designers.
Nothing curative within the software - nothing to error correct prior to a print.
Slicer's not maintained and Cura - it is not in Ultimaker's interest to support all printers - same goes with Skeinforge and Makerbot.
An exponentially complex problem as new stuff is added to firmware.

I believe that this is the #1 3D printing opportunity and I shudder to think what happens if things don't improve when HP and Microsoft release real products. We may be relegated to be the SCO Unix in the days of yore....

Someone with big cajones with even larger coding skills, and grit needs to step into this one and fast.

Wah!
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Cura”