How to Export a Slic3r configuration in Repetier

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

How to Export a Slic3r configuration in Repetier

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I need to change laptops, and want a more elegant way to keep my settings than to just screenshot everything...

When I'm running Repetier and click "configure" on the slic3r page, there is an "export config" option in the file menu of the Slic3r page that pops up. Clicking on this doesn't do anything except close the slic3r window and display the following error:

<Slic3r> Can't call method "filament_presets" on an undefined value at C:/progra~1/Repetier-Host/Slic3r/lib/std/Slic3r/GUI/SkeinPanel.pm line 314.

This happens on the laptop I'm trying to get my settings out of, and I got the same results on a fresh install on a different machine (just as a test). I haven't done anything with Skein Panel, I don't even know what it is. Does anybody know what the hangup may be? Thanks!
shadowfall
Plasticator

Re: How to Export a Slic3r configuration in Repetier

Post by shadowfall »

I had this exact issue.

They have a bug in their software that tells slic3r to look at the wrong folder for certain things.

They talk about it here (they don't give a solution though) https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Host/issues/180

Basically you just need to manually copy the configs. In windows they are located in the Roaming folder.

click start (windows button) -> run
type %appdata%\slic3r
click ok

if you don't see "run" just type it into the search bar at the bottom of the start menu.

Once the window opens up you will see a config.ini and 3 folders. Copy all of these.
Go to your new computer and do the same thing to get to the %appdata%\slic3r folder.
Paste the files into this folder, say yes if it asks you if you want to overwrite them and you're done!

Hope this helps other people that might have this problem. Maybe repetier will have this fixed in future releases.
LorenOlepi
Printmaster!

Re: How to Export a Slic3r configuration in Repetier

Post by LorenOlepi »

Just downloaded the new repetier host V0.90B and slic3r 0.9.10b and You can now export with no error :D
Havn't tried printing yet :o

Return to “Repetier Host”