Object placement collision question

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
Shizuma
Printmaster!

Object placement collision question

Post by Shizuma »

I just got my Rostock MAX up and running yesterday and I noticed one thing in the repetier host software that I had a question on. When I placed multiple parts it had an area for if there was a part collision with a green check or red X, I noticed it seems to base that off a virtual box around the object, so with a curved object, like something banana shaped it says there is a collision because it's inside that virtual box, but the parts themselves aren't colliding, is it safe to ignore the warnings in that case, or should I always place multiple objects so the virtual boxes don't collide?
gestalt73
Printmaster!

Re: Object placement collision question

Post by gestalt73 »

I've used Repetier Host to load up the build plate with multiple parts from time to time.

What I'll do, is pack them as closely together as possible, but not touching, then rotate your view around to make absolutely certain that they're not touching anywhere. I think I try to give each object about 5mm of clearance.

The only gotcha that I've ran into, is I'll save out that arrangement as a new stl, and occasionally it will invert the surfaces on one of the objects. (I load the resulting stl into KISSlicer for slicing) Not sure if there's a similar concern if you keep everything in Slicer. I can't remember if Repetier Host does this, but if you can visualize the generated gcode, you'll be able to tell quickly if it sliced it correctly.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The easiest way to do this is to load up all the parts you want and then click the "Auto Arrange" button that's in the little toolbar above the object list.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Shizuma
Printmaster!

Post by Shizuma »

I didn't even notice there was an auto arrange button, I'll just use that then, been so excited just getting the printer up and running Sunday that I've been throwing files at it to print and not really looking at all the different settings :roll:
KConley
Noob

Post by KConley »

When I take a sample part from repables to Repetier and place the object I get a warning that the object is off the bed or something like that. But I go back to scale it down and to make it fit it comes out really small. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Repetier Host”