Problems with RepetierHost

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Problems with RepetierHost

Post by nitewatchman »

Trying to get things up and running.

I am getting a strange error and failure immediately upon trying to load RepetierHost. Computer reports "RepetierHost has stopped working". This is occurring on my HP 6Core Desktop running Win7 64Bit. Repetier runs and controls the Rostock Max okay when it is started and run on my notebook Lenovo notebook.

Anyone seen or better yet solved this problem?

nitewatchman
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Problems with RepetierHost

Post by Eaglezsoar »

nitewatchman wrote:Trying to get things up and running.

I am getting a strange error and failure immediately upon trying to load RepetierHost. Computer reports "RepetierHost has stopped working". This is occurring on my HP 6Core Desktop running Win7 64Bit. Repetier runs and controls the Rostock Max okay when it is started and run on my notebook Lenovo notebook.

Anyone seen or better yet solved this problem?

nitewatchman
You can try to uninstall and remove all registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Repetier . If it is a bad entry in the registry that should solve the problem.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

Thanks, tried that but it made no difference.

Looking at my current OpenGL and .NET now.

nitewatchman
Generic Default
Printmaster!

Post by Generic Default »

I've had this same problem since January and I still haven't figured it out. It first happened with version 0.95F, but I tried switching back to 0.90C and that didn't work either. I downloaded MatterControl and that works, but I still want to get Repetier Host working again.

I also downloaded Pronterface and it too fails to start running. I think it may be some underlying driver or file that is needed for both Repetier Host and Pronterface to run.
Check out the Tri hotend!
Norm77
Printmaster!

Post by Norm77 »

It's been awhile but when I tried the same thing you did, I got the same results.
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't seem to work. To fix the problem I did a
"Restore point" and chose a date previous to the initial installation. (Windows 7)
It did work and then later I upgraded the software to ver. 0.95F and re-installation
went well. Hope this helps.

Norm77...
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Norm77 wrote:It's been awhile but when I tried the same thing you did, I got the same results.
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't seem to work. To fix the problem I did a
"Restore point" and chose a date previous to the initial installation. (Windows 7)
It did work and then later I upgraded the software to ver. 0.95F and re-installation
went well. Hope this helps.

Norm77...
I'm glad the restore point worked for you. So often they seem not to work especially when you have an urgent need.
Your point has a lot of merit and is certainly worth a try.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

So far I have:

1) Deleted registry values multiple times.
2) Tried several versions of Repetier.
3) Updated Open GL drivers.
4) Reloaded .NET 4.0
5) Reloaded C++
6) Disabled anti-virus software.

The result is always the same.

I have also downloaded MatterControl but I really like the Repetier Host interface. Strangely it works fine on my Windows 7 notebook.

I am frustrated.

nitewatchman
Norm77
Printmaster!

Post by Norm77 »

Your have done a lot more than I have ever had to do. The only thing that I
have ever been successful with is the "Restore point". If I can ever think of
anything else I sure will let you know.

I have gotten some help from the SeeMeCNC web site on some other things,
you could try them and see if they have a different slant on the situation.

Best of luck to you,

Norm77...

http://seemecnc.com/products/orion-delta-3d-printer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Generic Default
Printmaster!

Post by Generic Default »

I still haven't figured it out. I tried all of the Repetier host versions back to 0.72, and they all fail on startup. Pronterface doesn't start either. MatterControl works fine, except it doesn't find my Smoothieboards.

Are there any other printer control software packages that may work?
Check out the Tri hotend!
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

As strange as it may seem, the problem was a missing or damaged Arial Font in C#. Repetier was failing when C# tried to load the font.

This was revealed when I finally got Windows 7 to generate a mini-dump file. I sent this to Repetier after paying the 10 Euro fee and they confirmed the failure upon loading.

The problem was solved by applying a Microsoft Patch that adds additional EU fonts. The file is found at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... e7cea5ddea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Applied the patch and away we went. If you are having difficulties, I hope this helps.

nitewatchman
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

nitewatchman wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

As strange as it may seem, the problem was a missing or damaged Arial Font in C#. Repetier was failing when C# tried to load the font.

This was revealed when I finally got Windows 7 to generate a mini-dump file. I sent this to Repetier after paying the 10 Euro fee and they confirmed the failure upon loading.

The problem was solved by applying a Microsoft Patch that adds additional EU fonts. The file is found at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... e7cea5ddea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Applied the patch and away we went. If you are having difficulties, I hope this helps.

nitewatchman
Thank you sir, I didn't have the problem but I downloaded and installed the Patch anyway because I don't want to see those problems.
Thanks for sharing!
Renha
Printmaster!

Post by Renha »

RepetierHost is very poorly written program. I use it on Linux, and it crashes every time it have some issue, when other programs only shows warning or error message (EEPROM readed more than once? Crash! Printer port is unwriteable? Crash! Today is sunday? Crash! (o'k, last one was a joke))
3D printing is magic!

Sorry my engrish :-/ you could PM me in Russian.
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

I have to agree that it is quirky. In my case the Microsoft Arial Font loaded on my computer was not the Microsoft Arial that it liked.

I have no idea that there was more than one Microsoft Arial. Go figure.

nitewatchman

Return to “Repetier Host”