Size Problem

Talk about the Repetier Host software here (http://repetier.com)
ThatDirectorGuy
Printmaster!

Size Problem

Post by ThatDirectorGuy »

When I load the stl files in Repetier my print a Pirate Ship is bigger than the printer bed and will not print it because the pirate ship is bigger then the print area of my printer. The size /scale is on 1. I am not sure what is going on.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Re: Size Problem

Post by DavidF »

either the problem is obvious or I totally missed the question..
Have you tried scaling it down to where the model fits the build platform> Try setting it to .5 and see if it fits then.
1.=100% .5=50%
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
ThatDirectorGuy
Printmaster!

Post by ThatDirectorGuy »

I know I can scale it up or down but the print was made to certain measured specs why is it showing up so big in Repetier. Changing the scale would just be a guessing game. Is there an option to go from inches to mm or something?
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I remember seing from inches to mm and vice versa... i cannot recall if it was in repetier or mattercontrol.

But i think you are going about this wrong. First find out what you have and what you need.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

on the top of the repiter screen go to config, units of imported objects, select objects in inches and see if that does it for you...
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
Tracku2
Noob

Post by Tracku2 »

I am having the same issue. When I load the stl files in Repetier they are not to proper scale.

When we printed the files for the Rostock max they worked perfect, however all other files from Thingiverse and our engineering dept are way off.

Is there a way to ensure parts are sized correctly in the Repetier program so they are printed to the accurate size?

Any tips or suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks,
Bob
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I agree with Teoman... Check your inches to metric conversion settings. It's probably 2.54 or 25.4 times bigger than you were planning on.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

as far as I know the stl file format does not have a specific measurement. So each program interprets it however they want. That is why you have to scale it to your machine application in your machine application.

I have encountered a problem such as yourself while trying ot print a lightsaber from thingiverse. It was thiny, I think it was in microns or thousandths. When is scaled it up, the proportions did not match and it ended up looking more like a ship than a lightsaber. As it was not really an important print i gave up. Other stuff i have downloaded from thingiverse have been good though.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.

Return to “Repetier Host”