My Rostock!

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
artexmg
Printmaster!

My Rostock!

Post by artexmg »

Finally, my 3D is finished and it is kicking and printing ... still some upgrades in the queue, but hell, it is working well enough today.

By the way, many thanks to CNC guy's for the spare pieces they graciously provided (acrylic seems to be very delicate when it comes to extra-torque :-) )

Happy Printing!
Artemio (Art)
Attachments
IMG_20131201_040735.jpg
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: My Rostock!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for the picture. I also had one of the Acylic models and I know how sensitive it is to cracking
and over torquing. Yours looks nice. Welcome to the forum!
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

Wow that looks nice man!!! I really want one. :(
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
Boss 2 - "Huh? Chris is a Ninja?"
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

No you don't. :) The acrylic version looks great, but has cracking problems.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:No you don't. :) The acrylic version looks great, but has cracking problems.

g.
I agree. I had one and over time it cracked so badly I tore it apart and replaced the acrylic with the
wood version. They look nice but it is the wrong choice of materials for a printer.
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
geneb wrote:No you don't. :) The acrylic version looks great, but has cracking problems.

g.
I agree. I had one and over time it cracked so badly I tore it apart and replaced the acrylic with the
wood version. They look nice but it is the wrong choice of materials for a printer.
So ... it means that, eventually, I will have to re-do it? :-|
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

artexmg wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:

g.
That's not a good assumption. Mine was cracking all over but I moved it a lot. Yours could be fine.
I know that there are acrylic models still working fine and they were purchased when they were
first introduced.
CJGerard
Printmaster!

Post by CJGerard »

artexmg wrote:
I'm sure the atmosphere and the humidity will eventually take its toll on our wood ones as well. So we will all have to redo our in time. Still even with the potential of cracking, i wood rather have an acrylic one. Although i did just take a trip to the basement to check out my personal reserve of aluminum plate, i might just build an all metal one next. :)
Boss 1 - "I'm tiered of arguing with you! You come up with the MOST Stupid-Outlandish-Impossible way to do something & then you walk out into the shop and DO IT and IT WORKS. Its no fun anymore."
Boss 2 - "Huh? Chris is a Ninja?"
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

CJGerard wrote:
artexmg wrote:
I'm sure the atmosphere and the humidity will eventually take its toll on our wood ones as well. So we will all have to redo our in time. Still even with the potential of cracking, i wood rather have an acrylic one. Although i did just take a trip to the basement to check out my personal reserve of aluminum plate, i might just build an all metal one next. :)
Well, they will eventually die, as anything alive (our rostocks are alive, aren't they?). So, let's enjoy them meanwhile ;-)

Return to “Show us your machine!”