Makerslide 1Meter Rostock Max V2

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
Bbegent
Noob

Makerslide 1Meter Rostock Max V2

Post by Bbegent »

Hey everyone. I am stoked to post this Rostock Max that I modified to use Inventable"s aluminum Makerslide. I few years back I got the Shapeoko CNC kit. Since then I have upgrade to bigger router and was looking for a good use of the linear slides. I found SeeMeCNC's opensource files and modeled it up in Vcarve Pro to fit the Makerslides. These are 1 meter length and glad to say that the stiffer Makerslides work good for the extra build height. This has been a long build for me but I wanted to test out and confirm everything works okay before sharing files. I used .25 mdf and its working fine. Other changes Ive made from original V2 is this effector ( http://www.thingiverse.com/make:234327 ) and a flying extruder mount. Attached is one dxf of all parts. These drawings are dogboned for a .25 bit. Sorry to say that the flying extruder mounts for the slides I cant find. This I modeled custom to fit the stock Rostock carriage parts and had these printed up at my library. Also made custom fit spacers for top/bottom belt pulleys with wood dowels. Last upgrade was to the Smoothie Board and still in process of figuring out a good mount for it.
But I hope someone finds this useful if you have makerslide pieces lying around.
Cheers
IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2504.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg
Attachments
Rostock Max V2_Makerslide_ Full Parts.dxf
(9.41 MiB) Downloaded 267 times
Unleash your Creativity
barry99705
Printmaster!

Re: Makerslide 1Meter Rostock Max V2

Post by barry99705 »

I like that flying extruder setup!
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
Zesty_Lykle
Printmaster!

Post by Zesty_Lykle »

Looks impressive!
Nice tall machine. What are you planning to do for print surface? Or are you happy with the tape?
Lykle
Design life, and enjoy.
Bbegent
Noob

Post by Bbegent »

Over the Xmas break I was able to do a few upgrades to the machine. Im calling this version the "White Knight". I designed new slides for the makerslides and recut the base and top with new white melamine. I used cnc plasma to cut the side supports and this version is super stiff now. With the new slides I changed the belts from going around the alumnium to the Kossel style. Aslo the LEDs are a nice touch.
Attachments
IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2629.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG
Unleash your Creativity
Bbegent
Noob

Post by Bbegent »

Oh here are the dxfs -