It arrived

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

It arrived

Post by pkhzor »

Since I have a full time job I can't assemble this thing as much as I'd like to but my work allows me access to a shop.

What sized enclosure would fit this printer? If there are similar topics or a grand topic to refer to about this, I'd love a link.

I'll update this topic once I actually put some parts together and stop cursing at the tape and charcoal covered fingers. As much work as the untaping is, it's awesome packaging.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: It arrived

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Open your browser and enter this: site:forum.seemecnc.com enclosure

This will search the entire forum for enclosures and something should suit your needs. Good luck!
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Sadly my rambo board died 1" before my hotend reached the bed after I had calibrated it for a long time and made sure everything is A-OK in the tutorial. Yep, 1" short of printing the very first thing, I'm ordering a new rambo, it's due to arrive on Monday and I ordered extra fuses, went over everything, all the cables. It was completely my own fault and I'm quite angry at myself for it, one of the red cables for the hotend fan had touched the hotend and melted a bit thus connecting itself to it.
The rambo board has been in shipping for almost 2 weeks even though I paid for express, I think the next part might be related to that a bit.

Then the next day the US gov paid me a visit and took my hdds(Got them back 2 days later) due to them suspecting me of being supreme mega hackerlord 9000 from Mars or some shit.
I live in Canada and I'm an Estonian citizen so this whole ordeal is nuts, it's like they're trying to stop me from completing it or something.
I figured I might as well install the dampers while I wait for the rambo to arrive. It took like 45 minutes or so total to do it. I forgot to put threadlocker on the very first one so I had to undo it but it was a learning experience. One bent L shaped screwdriver later I got the dampers on.
Here's some pics of the dampers.
CAM00195.jpg
CAM00196.jpg
Not sure if the belts being at a bit of an angle will be a problem or if I should somehow correct that?
CAM00204.jpg
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

Belts should not be angled like that. Sprocket groove should line up with bearings so belt runs straight.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Earthbound wrote:Belts should not be angled like that. Sprocket groove should line up with bearings so belt runs straight.
Thank you, I already googled and found out the problem for it and I'll be fixing it tomorrow.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Have you been able to find an enclosure on this forum that you like?
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

The gov took your HDDs? I assume they had a warrant?
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

McSlappy wrote:The gov took your HDDs? I assume they had a warrant?
What's worse, the Canadian govt. allowed the US govt. to confiscate his HDDs.

Kinda makes want to rethink that rocket contest that JiMustanGuitar posted, they'll probably have a bunch of govt. agencies raiding that little party.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Seems like the US has created a Gestapo agency in the overused excuse of looking for terrorists.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Everybody who posts in this thread should expect a visit from the feds soon... I'm prepared for their visit. :)
*not actually a robot
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

McSlappy wrote:The gov took your HDDs? I assume they had a warrant?
Had I said no it would've been a bigger issue than it already was. They were together with the Canadian RCMP, they spent months looking into who I am, they even had a folder on my wife. Their suspicion and "proof" made me feel like they're from the onion and they are here just to fuck with me but no, they were for real. One of their reasons was a part of my Facebook name which had no relation to anything outside of Estonia, that's how goofy it was. The most goofy part, it was the word "Vader", yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I signed no NDAs and no documents saying I'm not allowed to talk about what happened so I'm fine.

Anyway, for the enclosure I've decided to just make a simple box with a door that has some sort of a clamp that holds it shut and makes it airtight. I'm a certified cabinetmaker and I got access to a CNC router with a 8'x4' bed so I'm pretty set for the enclosure just haven't picked out the materials for one yet. I'm thinking 3 plywood sides and bottom but seethrough top and door made out of Acrylic.
If the rambo board arrives tomorrow and I don't get secretly taken by the NSA I will have the enclosure done by the end of this week. I can't exactly make the enclosure before everything is up and running so I can see exactly what I can get away with without touching any of the moving bits.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bot wrote:Everybody who posts in this thread should expect a visit from the feds soon... I'm prepared for their visit. :)
Na, just the criminal types who live in a different Country and buys suspicious things from the USA, like pkhzor.
Just joking :lol: :lol: :lol:
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
bot wrote:Everybody who posts in this thread should expect a visit from the feds soon... I'm prepared for their visit. :)
Na, just the criminal types who live in a different Country and buys suspicious things from the USA, like pkhzor.
Eyy, they might use that as evidence and put me away for life or get me on the death row for being such criminal scum.

Moved to Canada only 2 years ago, I bet that's when they started looking into me even though I had not left my country like 8 years prior to that and have been in school :D
Best part, I waited to get my papers perfectly legally and have done everything according to the Canadian immigration laws and have not done anything illegal here ever. I suppose in their eyes I was just TOO clean.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

pkhzor wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:
Eyy, they might use that as evidence and put me away for life or get me on the death row for being such criminal scum.

Moved to Canada only 2 years ago, I bet that's when they started looking into me even though I had not left my country like 8 years prior to that and have been in school :D
Best part, I waited to get my papers perfectly legally and have done everything according to the Canadian immigration laws and have not done anything illegal here ever. I suppose in their eyes I was just TOO clean.
In all serious that had to be very stressful. I wonder what gives them the right?
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

Eaglezsoar wrote: In all serious that had to be very stressful. I wonder what gives them the right?
Being federal agents? I guess, most stressful part about it was getting a text in the middle of my workday that government people wanted to talk to me and me only and that it's all confidential.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

That is really crazy. I would have told them to eff off.
*not actually a robot
pkhzor
Prints-a-lot

Post by pkhzor »

bot wrote:That is really crazy. I would have told them to eff off.
Change your name to Vader and you can in person probably.

Return to “Show us your machine!”