Printer head not reaching bed

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
Vic
Printmaster!

Printer head not reaching bed

Post by Vic »

I have not used the printer for several weeks. When I start printing the nozzle starts between 2-5 mm above the printer bed. I checked the zero and it is correct. I rezeroed it. I checked the code and it is correct. I checked the baud rate. It is 250000. If I manually send G1 Z0 it goes to zero. I uploaded Repetier again. The was a Windows update since te last time I used it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Printer head not reaching bed

Post by geneb »

What software are you slicing with?

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

Alice.
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

Sorry. Slicr

Spell check :?
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

I ran the radius.gco file. Z reaches zero at the center but lifts significantly at either end. Somehow the geometry got reset. I did upload the new version of Repetier. My Orion is from 3-2014 with the original cheapskate bearings so I corrected them in the configuration file according the the notes in the file. Am I missing something? I would like to restore it back to its original settings. It was perfect!! Thanks
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

Also the version of Repetier on the lcd reads 91S. Unsure why
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

I think I solved it. In my Configuration file, #define EEPROM_MODE was 1. I set it to 0. As far as my research has taken me this allowed the changes I made to the offsets to work and not be overridden by the EEPROM settings. I am not expert on this by any means. But it seems to be working now. I suppose my EEPROM settings got changed somehow. Thanks
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Interesting. What setting it to 0 should do is disable the EEPROM entirely, and means that your changes will be wiped out with every reboot. Changing it to 2 would have been better, I would think.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

Ok I will try 2. Thanks
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

So I think I figured it out. I am posting this explanation to help out someone else who may encounter this problem.

It appeared as though the geometry got all messed up. Not sure why. Maybe my EEPROM settings got messed up somehow. The printer head would reach zero at the center of the plate but would rise as X and Y changed. At first I thought it wasn't reaching the plate at all but starting at random Z values but after running a calibration file I saw this happen. I reloaded Repetier. I needed to change some of the geometry settings in Configuration.h to correspond to my older model Orion with the laser cut cheapskates. I noticed that nothing changed. I found that I needed to change #define EEPROM mode to 0 for the settings to take effect. I believe this causes EEPROM to be overwritten with the new settings. I took Xenocrates' advice and changed #define EEPROM mode back to to 2. All is well now.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Changing EEPROM mode at all will cause it to override the old ones. Setting it to 0 will disable it, and clearing it before hand will clean things up for you.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

Thanks
RAMTechRob
Printmaster!

Post by RAMTechRob »

Hi folks, I have the same problem now. I have 20,000 feet extruded and now the head won;t zero out.

How do I change the EEPROM_MODE and where do I find it? I went into Firmware EEprom Settings, but can;t find any mode to change.

Thanks!!

Return to “ORION”