Orion Calibration Issues in Two Towers

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
briankb
Printmaster!

Orion Calibration Issues in Two Towers

Post by briankb »

I ran the calibration from LCD menu, it ran fine without any overly aggressive acceleration issues.

The round bed leveling file printed and stuck well near the front (lcd) but the back towers the filament did not stick well to the bed. Since it is using the calibration and leveling itself I'm not sure how to fix it.
Overhead Shot
Overhead Shot
Angled Shot
Angled Shot
What should I do to get this fixed and have a good first layer on the Orion?
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: Orion Calibration Issues in Two Towers

Post by pouncingiguana »

Run DC42's delta calibration wizard and it'll even right out. Follow instructions here:
https://www.seemecnc.com/pages/delta-calibration-wizard
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

Thanks for the link I didn't know it even existed until you mentioned it.

That said. I tried the suggested fixed and it made things 100x worse! Now it crashes into the back then rises slightly towards the left like it's on a tilted bed. Whatever the fix was it seems like it somehow multiplied it.

From the Wizard linked above I did the following:
- Selected ORION as the printer
- Copied EEProm settings into calculator
- Double checked the values were correctly entered from EEProm to Calculator
- Executed the GCODE provided to perform the 10 steps
- Copied the 10 steps and entered each into the calculator
- Double checked the values were correctly entered from terminal to Calculator
- used the updated values via the provided GCODE to execute those commands to update EEProm
- verified new calculated values were saved to EEProm

resulting in a mess and it looks like it tried to correct but did so by 10x or more.
IMG_5679.JPG
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

After running the Calibration routine from the LCD it is much better but not quite perfect.

I'll run the wizard again and calibration from lcd again and see if it fixes the last bit of leveling.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

After running the wizard and LCD Calibration I got a good print on the bare glass (no hairspray) there was still a bit of loose filament around the back but with no extra help it seemed acceptable.

I hit the bare glass with some hairspray and did another print, this time it was as close to perfect as I could expect. And it is certainly the best print I have ever been able to get on this machine to date.
bare glass (freshly cleaned)
bare glass (freshly cleaned)
glass with hairspray
glass with hairspray

Return to “ORION”