CAD files for Orion

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
radicaldev
Printmaster!

CAD files for Orion

Post by radicaldev »

Do these files contain the 3d files for the (i think it's the effector) plastic triangular structure that the hotend and arms connect to?

I found the piece for a Rostock, but I like the Orion style better.

I want to print one out that will allow me to attach a dial indicator without having to take down the hotend.

So far I've been able to get the Orion dialed in enough to print a 100mm circle with a layer height of .1mm, but some spots near the Y tower are a little low.
RocketMagnet
Printmaster!

Re: CAD files for Orion

Post by RocketMagnet »

I think this is the latest Orion Platform File is here: http://repables.com/r/294#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or its 60384 here: https://github.com/seemecnc/Orion_Delta ... r/CAD/IGES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've removed 123D design so cant check...

Annoyingly they are not in STL format and it's a bit of a ball ache getting them to STL. I ended up manually copy and pasting the raw text into a txt file... changing the txt file it .IES then loading this into 123D design then saving it out as an STL.....
radicaldev
Printmaster!

Re: CAD files for Orion

Post by radicaldev »

Awesome! Thank you so much!

That's exactly what I was looking for (the R2 platform). I like the R2 design much more than the 68304.

I can't wait to get this dial indicator mount working. I was able to print a ball bearing yesterday (poorly designed by myself) which actually worked! I thought it would fail because layers 8 to 15 or so of the balls were getting pushed around by the tip of the nozzle, but after that they straightened up nicely. I think I'm low a few thousandths on the Y axis, up a couple of thousandths on the X, and up a few on the Z. Not bad for manually driving the printer with RepetierHost and using cheap feeler gauges to help dial in the endstops.

I had already found the 68304 part. I was able to print out a few layers of the part, check to see if the dimensions were pretty close to the platform and design a simpler platform with the same dimensions. Haven't tested it out, yet, but in theory it will work.

FreeCAD can handle .IGS. I was able to load the 68304 part in FreeCAD 0.14 and start editing it without any trouble. Obviously exporting to STL was no problem, either.

Return to “ORION”