Hot end troubles

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
morphfiend
Plasticator

Hot end troubles

Post by morphfiend »

Owned my orion for about a year now, had no issues at all up until now.

The hot end and bed heats up just fine, after the it homes the towers and lowers the nozzle to the print surface. The set temps for the hot end and the bed get set to 0 and well it cools down pretty fast.

I haven't printed in about a week, so I just noticed it today.

Thought it might have been the slicer, so I tried a different put the gcode on the sd card tried again. Same issue.
Tried connecting the printer to the computer, used it that way to try again and had the same results.

If I go through the lcd menu to set the temperature its fine it will remain at the set temp until I start a print. Same if I use a host software to set the temp that way, remains at the set temp until a print is started.

Still using stock hotend + bed and rambo board, firmware v0.91 repetier host that was already on the board.

If you need pictures of the settings from the lcd menu just let me know
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hot end troubles

Post by teoman »

It sounds as if your startup gxode is messed up somehow. Maybe you have accidentally setup for 2 extruders and it is trying to print with the non-active one.

Post your gcode so we can have a look at it.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

beginning gcode for the benchy

http://pastebin.com/A34GTjwk

edit: if you want, I can post the full gcode

edit2: I gave matter controller a whirl for slicing, and no issues, I'll admit I'm not as comfortable with gcode as I'd like to be but unsure of why the above gcode is not working while the one below is.

http://pastebin.com/vGW9AdjM
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Some one more knowledgeable should come along hopefully soon.

I am on mobile now so cannot examine the gcode.

Gcode is relatively easy.

Code that starts with a g is for motion.

Code that starts with M are for the machine, switch fan on, heat bed etc...

This is a good place to start.

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

No worries I'm not in a hurry, tomorrow will be working on ordering parts to start the corexy build I want to do soon. (in addition to having the orion)
And thank you for the link, will serve as a good reference.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

Gcode looks fine unless your starting with the second extruder selected in the host software.
I'd like to see a few more lines of it. The only thing that does that played with the extruder after it homes is select the first extruder, you could try removing the T0 and see if it makes a difference, but I'm fairly certain that the 0.9X versions of Repetier firmware should behave correctly with what is there.

One thing that screwed me was some startup GCode in the host software, but it runs before the actual code, so I wouldn't think it could do what your seeing.

The only other thing I could see causing this is if a temporary short or something caused the machine to power cycle, but you'd see the LCD print the firmware version etc.
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

Only have one extruder setup in the host software. Later today I will try with removing the T0.

No printing of the firmware version or the lcd displaying the startup info again. What happens is when the nozzle reaches where it begins the print, the set temps for the hotend and the bed says 0, and the temps start to drop.

more gcode shown but not the full amount
http://pastebin.com/K7t0L5uV

one thing I'm going to do, is go ahead and update simplify3d, been holding off for sometime, in fear of losing my profiles, but as of right now with it not printing correctly don't think that matters too much.

full gcode
http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1439745736
if you want me to use a different file upload service just let me know.
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

Update post

updated simplify3d, used the default profile same issue. Mirrored most of the settings in s3d to slic3r, no issues. Put in a support ticket + post to S3D to find out whats going on.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I though T0 was for the primary extruder and T1 was the secondary?
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

Welp seems I have a short going on, any print longer then about 45 minutes the lcd will turn off and turn on again and display the firmware and other details. So any advice for chasing down a short, will be my first time for it.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

That doesn't sound like a short, that sounds like a power supply that's overly sensitive to heat. Pull off the side panels if you've got a v2 and run a job and see how it goes.

A short wouldn't do that to the power supply, it'd blow a fuse on the RAMBo. (most likely)

An intermittent short is going to be position dependent, not time dependent (for the most part).

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
morphfiend
Plasticator

Post by morphfiend »

Well I have had no problems printing models up until recently, including several hours long prints. Yesterday I removed the lcd panel and set it on the table while still plugged in thinking it was a heat issue and the filament holder panel I loosed up to allow airflow through. Same power cycle like issue.

Tried printing off usb, not via sd card like I always have done. Same issue appears there as well, around the ~45 minute mark power cycle.

I'll try pulling the side panels off today and a few different slicers as well see if its a heat issue, maybe my slicer is being derpy or there is a short somewhere.

Edit: As of right now Kiss seems to be doing fine, over an hour into a print no issues at all. Printed a benchy with all the panels off or loosed up to allow for airflow, no issues. Still have to test matter slicer and cura. And retry kiss + matter + cura with panels on. Starting to wonder if my slic3r settings were screwy. And still waiting to hear back from s3d support about my issues there

Edit2: the long day of printing is over, quite a few benchies latter, seems like I need to scrap my slic3r settings, but I was generally surprised by quality out of default settings for craftware and matter slice I might do some minor tweaks with them, but pretty darn happy with the default results

Return to “ORION”