teaser alert

Such as Laser cutters (Must use the phrase 'sharks with frickin lazors' once per thread)
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Re: teaser alert

Post by 0110-m-p »

Very cool! I am currently helping my fiancee's brother build his first printer...a RepRap 3DR (170mm bed PLA-only delta) with parts printed on my Rostock Max. It looks like it is going to cost right at $500 when it is all said an done. If this thing comes in as a complete kit within $100 of that price with the same SeeMeCNC quality and design as the RMax and Orion printers it will be a home run for sure.
We've been working on a new hotend design to launch with it. It's biggest feature is NO PEEK! Yep, that's right, no PEEK. However, it will still have a ptfe liner, as that's the only way to reliably (by reliably, we mean as excellent as our current hotend does with pla) print with the widest range of available materials. It does put a nix on the high temp materials, but as those are a special-purpose material, those people would most likely be building a Rostock MAX (hint hint)
Sounds like the Rostock Max is getting an all-metal hotend upgrade.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

0110-m-p wrote:
We've been working on a new hotend design to launch with it. It's biggest feature is NO PEEK! Yep, that's right, no PEEK. However, it will still have a ptfe liner, as that's the only way to reliably (by reliably, we mean as excellent as our current hotend does with pla) print with the widest range of available materials. It does put a nix on the high temp materials, but as those are a special-purpose material, those people would most likely be building a Rostock MAX (hint hint)
Sounds like the Rostock Max is getting an all-metal hotend upgrade.
Ohhh I didn't pick up on that! I sure hope so, that would be great!
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I don't think Eris is a kit - I think it's going to be pre-assembled like the Orion.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I got that impression too. Last time I saw John and Evan they hinted of something like this. Nice to see it becoming a reality. If only I had a stable, well paying job. Thats high school for you...
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:I don't think Eris is a kit - I think it's going to be pre-assembled like the Orion.

g.
You haven't written the manual for it yet? :P
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I've only seen two pictures of it. One on this thread and one John took of Steve sneaking through the office with a prototype in his arms. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Durandal
Printmaster!

Post by Durandal »

BenTheRighteous wrote:Just buy the machine out of pocket, and invoice your company for the parts they need and the extra service you provide! Maybe eventually you can recoup the cost of the machine and then some!
This is what I do, but I started here after I had my V1.

Why come you guys keep going smaller and not bigger? Is my +36" Rostock still the largest printer you've ever SOLD?
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

If it were economical I'm sure they would sell a"kit" for the part daddy, but them extrusions are so large the shipping would be as much as the kit! (Probably not actually, but it wouldn't be cheap)
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

ErisNamePlate
ErisNamePlate
ErisTowerCover
ErisTowerCover
ErisRapidProtoCaseANDMoldedMotorMount
ErisRapidProtoCaseANDMoldedMotorMount
ErisTowerEyes
ErisTowerEyes
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

PartDaddy wrote:
ErisNamePlate.jpg
ErisTowerCoverFinal.jpg
ErisRapidCasePrintANDmoldedMotorMountTestFit.jpg
ErisTowerCoverEyes.jpg
Now that's pretty!!! Are you still planning on using the hot end with the cooling fan also cooling the parts?
johnoly99 wrote: It will debut the new Rambo-mini motherboard, with notable things like a switch BACK to marlin based firmware most likely.
What for?
astroboy907 wrote:I'm along the same lines as well. I know I'm going to get one sooner or later, but I'm secretly hoping for the V3 to show up :mrgreen:
The MAX METAL should be the Rostock MAX 3. It has perhaps 1/4 the part count (conservatively!), can be assembled in about half the time (not kidding), and - best of all - it's SELF-ALIGNING. Imagine all the support emails they would no longer get about the bed not being flat. With all due respect, this is the absolute best thing SeeMeCNC could do for the Rostock MAX product line. It would be easier for them, and way easier for the customers. Basically, every day would be Christmas is what I'm saying.
johnoly99 wrote:Other way bot. Think entry level/affordable. $600 ish
That's reasonable. I would buy one for six hundred bucks.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

626Pilot wrote:
astroboy907 wrote:I'm along the same lines as well. I know I'm going to get one sooner or later, but I'm secretly hoping for the V3 to show up :mrgreen:
The MAX METAL should be the Rostock MAX 3. It has perhaps 1/4 the part count (conservatively!), can be assembled in about half the time (not kidding), and - best of all - it's SELF-ALIGNING. Imagine all the support emails they would no longer get about the bed not being flat. With all due respect, this is the absolute best thing SeeMeCNC could do for the Rostock MAX product line. It would be easier for them, and way easier for the customers. Basically, every day would be Christmas is what I'm saying.
@626Pilot: Awwww, thanks! -Brian :D
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

bvandiepenbos wrote:@626Pilot: Awwww, thanks! -Brian :D
I defy anyone to show where I'm wrong. Honestly. There is just no downside to the MAX METAL.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Chrissi wrote:
Mac The Knife wrote:That's not a problem,,,, I have no boss at home,,,, I'm referring to the Boss at work, who might find that its operation would be to distracting! I would at least be printing out 3d business cards.
Attach a spoon to the hot end and tell her it is a coffee stirrer you needed in order to exact the most efficiency out of yourself possible
A very good answer and one I would not have thought of, it might work!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
gchristopher
Printmaster!

Post by gchristopher »

626Pilot wrote:
bvandiepenbos wrote:@626Pilot: Awwww, thanks! -Brian :D
I defy anyone to show where I'm wrong. Honestly. There is just no downside to the MAX METAL.
Possibly cost, relative to the melamine frame?

I glance longing at the Max Metal order page once every few days. My current dream build would have machined sides with that wonderful alignment key, but use 20x40mm OpenBuilds V-slot for the uprights. (Look how much space for wire runs you'd have! Or else that could be your internal belt run space.) I've been afraid to ask Brian for a quote on machining side pieces for that concept, because I'd probably be willing to pay way too much.

Probably it would also move the motors and electronics to the top of the case, so the only wire runs would be 12V up for the RAMBo, a control signal down to the heat bed SSR, and maybe a run for FSRs?
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

gchristopher wrote:Probably it would also move the motors and electronics to the top of the case, so the only wire runs would be 12V up for the RAMBo, a control signal down to the heat bed SSR, and maybe a run for FSRs?
Idunno what they're paying for melamine, but they probably aren't saving much using that over aluminum extrusions. 250mm of V-Slot is $3 from OpenBuilds, and that's to an end user who isn't buying it a pallet load at a time. Six of those (or some similar length) give you the horizontal rails, which replace 100% of the melamine that would otherwise be used. You have to machine them, but with melamine you have to deal with running laser cutters. And, it's loads more work for the end user in exchange for nothing.

There is an "upside down" mod for the MAX METAL.

I thought about moving all the electronics upstairs with mine, but I would've had to run the stepper wires through the tower channels and that seemed annoying. I'd also have to figure out what to do with Ethernet and USB cables. I decided to just use the tower channels for the endstops, and run everything else up a wire mast. It works great, and the wire doesn't coil on top of my flying extruder platform.
gchristopher
Printmaster!

Post by gchristopher »

Actuall on-topic, the Eris looks awesome. I do wish there was a kit option. A friend wants a printer that takes up less space than the Rostock, and an Eris-sized delta kit would fit that bill pretty well. (The only small delta kit I'm aware of is a mini kossel.)

Return to “Other Machines”