Let me be one of the first:)

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Let me be one of the first:)

Post by Batteau62 »

20130827_100601.jpg
Trying to print a pulley, it started to pop loose about 3/4 through, severe ABS curl. Lesson learned: When something is symetrical, probably better to print it as halves and assemble later ;) Rookie mistake :oops:
-"Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool."
-"As soon as you make something fool proof...along comes an idiot."
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
Flateric
Printmaster!

Re: Let me be one of the first:)

Post by Flateric »

Print with UHU glue stick covered glass at around 90-100c for ABS with a skirt of 5-15mm and your all set and no more curl.

Also, you have way too much plastic being extruded and looks like 100% infill, both of these will also doom you to curl city.

WAY too much plastic being printed there. Have you calibrated your extruder?
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Post by Batteau62 »

This was very early on for me. I've "learned" a lot since :) I was just trying to get the ball rolling on this sub-forum since I proposed it. :D Having said that, come on guys, give up those epic fails! :lol:
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
edward
Printmaster!

Post by edward »

I would probably also caution the use of the giant fan in the background. That massive airflow is causing uneven cooling which is going to introduce all sorts of internal stresses, inducing warp.

Consider a localized fan (duct) on your effector, and leave it turned off for the first several layers so as not to cause early shrinkage.
My Thingiverse profile: http://www.thingiverse.com/edwardh
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

That's right!

Cause no-one likes shrinkage! Not you, not the girls at the pool you want to impress!

I also feel the use of a aluminium heat spreader/evener plate under the glass helps in many ways. Another really essential upgrade IMO.
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Batteau62 wrote:This was very early on for me. I've "learned" a lot since :) I was just trying to get the ball rolling on this sub-forum since I proposed it. :D Having said that, come on guys, give up those epic fails! :lol:
Oh I am sure, I just think the the fail photos should also allow for discussions on what to do to correct so that the forums is a resource for others to look at and go "Hey I have that problem!" With the discussion detailing how to fix it.
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Post by Batteau62 »

Flateric wrote:
Batteau62 wrote:This was very early on for me. I've "learned" a lot since :) I was just trying to get the ball rolling on this sub-forum since I proposed it. :D Having said that, come on guys, give up those epic fails! :lol:
Oh I am sure, I just think the the fail photos should also allow for discussions on what to do to correct so that the forums is a resource for others to look at and go "Hey I have that problem!" With the discussion detailing how to fix it.
That is exactly what John said:
johnoly99 wrote:I love it!

Yes, yes it does. Soooo

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewforum.php?f=62

Now, to make it valuable to the community, don't just post pics of the fail, give some description as to what you think caused it. So that way, we not only get a laugh, but we'll learn at the same time :D
This was my original post to propose the subforum:
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=2478
So now...SOMEONE ELSE POST SOME FAIL PICS!! :D
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

I haven't documented my attempts as well as I could have, but rest assured my printer will get bored of what I want to print and attempt to make more abstract art again.
edward
Printmaster!

Post by edward »

Flateric wrote:That's right!

Cause no-one likes shrinkage! Not you, not the girls at the pool you want to impress!
:lol:

I have nothing else I can say...
My Thingiverse profile: http://www.thingiverse.com/edwardh

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”