Issues with artifacts and over extrusion

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
Lightpath
Printmaster!

Issues with artifacts and over extrusion

Post by Lightpath »

Hello all-

I'm finally resurrecting my pre-wifi Duet Rostock Max V2 and I'm having some issues getting the kinks worked out. I'm seeing artifacts in the walls of my prints, and what looks like over extrusion. Please see the attached image.

My printer is set up this way:

Tricklaser CF non-ball end arms (The original tricklaser arms)
Trick Trucks (Original)
Tricklaser effector plate (Original)
E3d v6 hot end
PIE print surface
Duet 0.8.5 with 1.21RC4
FSR bed leveling (seems to work very well!)
ABS black filament, pretty sure I got it from SeeMeCNC but it's a couple of years old.

I'm slicing with Kisslicer 1.6.2, extrusion is 210 degrees. I've measured my ABS filament diameter and set it properly in the materials section of kisslicer. I also calibrated the extruder.

I've tried reducing the "flow tweak" in kisslicer but it's had no effect.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4vylyC6.jpg[/img]

Any thoughts as to where to start looking?

Thanks-

Mark.
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Issues with artifacts and over extrusion

Post by dc42 »

If you think you are getting ver extrusion, just use the web interface to reduce the extrusion a little. I find that every roll of filament has a different ideal extrusion factor, and it isn't only due to differences in filament diameter.

I think you might also benefit from using either more retraction, or pressure advance if you are not already using it.
Lightpath
Printmaster!

Post by Lightpath »

Thanks, I'll give those suggestions a try!
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

dc42 wrote:... I think you might also benefit from using either more retraction, or pressure advance if you are not already using it.
David, is there a decent tutorial on how to calibrate the pressure advance factor by now? Never gotten around to really test it beyond default values. And what I still don't now is if it replaces the retraction, or how they should interact with oneanother.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

We're working on a test pattern generator for calibrating pressure advance. Meanwhile a simple way is to print a single walled cube in vase mode at quite a high speed and adjust the pressure advance to get the best corners. There is some information at https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/Pressure_advance.

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”