a problem with printing.

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
mrblade
Plasticator

a problem with printing.

Post by mrblade »

What kind of this irregularities? At any speed printing.

[img]http://cs622124.vk.me/v622124555/333eb/3wVD6cgE3xE.jpg[/img]
Agisis
Printmaster!

Re: a problem with printing.

Post by Agisis »

Not sure with that one, but I can try to extrapolate. I've had many types of failures due to extruder issues, temperature issures, extrusion rate/retraction issues, and z-height issues, but none of those issues have manifested in the results you are seeing. Thus, I might suspect that is not related to one the issues I ran into. So, perhaps do a double check of how square your towers are, run the radius test from the manual, and perhaps test your belt tension. Maybe double check your eeprom settings too and make sure you made the changes they stated (if you have rostock max v2). If I were to guess, it looks like one of your axis is off/loose or something ever so slightly or the towers aren't square to the bed. I'm still new to this so take that with a grain of salt. Only reason I am suggesting is that it looks nothing like the challenges I have had, so I believe it unrelated to the settings I ran into.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

This sort of vertical banding is present in almost every 3D printer. Its cause is largely a mystery, but it's definitely common and you're not alone.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

When it's more concentrated at one corner like that, it's usually "ringing".
The head is moving one way, then changes direction, the head continues to vibrate in the direction of the previous motion, eventually stopping as the new motion continues.

You can reduce it by getting rid of any slop in the mechanical components, reducing speed of the print and reducing the the acceleration and Jerk settings. For a lot of printers removing it entirely isn't possible.

There is a more regular version of the same effect that doesn't reduce in amplitude as the new move continues that seems very common on Delta printers, isolating the cause of that is somewhat harder, it could be a function of the way the none linear motion of the axis on a delta are mapped to the linear motion, in which case higher resolution steppers might help.
mrblade
Plasticator

Post by mrblade »

Sorry, what do you mean "in which case higher resolution steppers might help" ?
ZakRabbit
Printmaster!

Post by ZakRabbit »

mrblade wrote:Sorry, what do you mean "in which case higher resolution steppers might help" ?
A stepper motor that has .9 deg/step vs the "stock" 1.8 deg/step will have more steps/mm which may help minimize the banding.

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”