Radial Layer Cooling Housing MAX2

Post your prints with the GCode used to help other users achieve a similar result, or get help.
draw-tech
Printmaster!

Re: Radial Layer Cooling Housing MAX2

Post by draw-tech »

3D-Print wrote:How much would it take to position the fans straight and above the hot end housing. This would give clearance for jfettig enclosure? Draw-Tech, I sent you a PM as well asking.

Thanks.
Hi 3D Print
having a hard time with yhe personal messages drop me a line to [email protected]
Thanks
Jack
Draw-Tech
draw-tech
Printmaster!

Post by draw-tech »

bvandiepenbos wrote:Hi draw-tech,
that is a really awesome fan shroud you have designed.
LOVE the way the light ring glows and diffuses the light.
Having 3 fans is wonderful.
Great work.

I would like to see the fans turned 90 degrees for better clearance of arms when at print extents, and maybe better airflow not having the tight 90 degree bend in air path.
IMHO possibly taking in a bit of warmer air from peek fan is inconsequential... my "Maker" buddy claims it does not matter if air is warm or cool, it is the air MOVEMENT that draws away heat. What do you think?
Hi Brian
Thanks for the complements, as you reminded me I have shifted the hole pattern by 30 deg. I will draw a version with the fan holders rotated 90 deg.
Jack
Draw-Tech
Neptune
Printmaster!

Post by Neptune »

draw-tech wrote:Hi Neptune, is a 3d dwg going to work for you?
3d Print contacted by PM
Only thing I was thinking about modifying was the fans at 90 degrees some how and it looks like you're already working on that...

It would be nice to have the originals if your cool with that as I do like to "fiddle" with designs in order to optimize to my liking. Will PM my email to you.

Thanks again for the great work!
Neptune
Printmaster!

Post by Neptune »

Jack,

Did you ever rotate the fans 90 degrees on this model, I'm only asking to avoid duplicate effort...
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

I just stumbled upon this older thread, and am wondering if one of these designs would work in combination with an E3D hotend. It seems to have way less space below the effector, and most fan shroud designs are touching the print.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “GCode & Test Prints”