Not so Jolly Boat

Post your prints with the GCode used to help other users achieve a similar result, or get help.
Creator
Plasticator

Not so Jolly Boat

Post by Creator »

Alright, so I have some small artefacts on my prints.
They seem to be most prevalent when the printer starts a new layer or is jumping between separate parts of the print.
What could cause this? Moisture? Over-extrusion?
IMG_3480.JPG
Im printing with SeemeeCNC's Black ABS at 228c and a bed temp of 80.. Slicing with Mattercontroll.
stonewater
Printmaster!

Re: Not so Jolly Boat

Post by stonewater »

check your retract settings, speed and amount, and run your abs hotter, try 235 first then 240... on larger parts you will need a higher bed temp also as the temp falls off when you approach the perimeter of the bed.

Tom C
MAX V1
325 MM carbon arms trick trucks effector mount LED ring heat spreader
Corvair750
V6 Hotend
Robo 3D
Flashforge creator
http://WWW.TeslagenX.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Bedini experimenter kits, books, DVD's
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

I had those when my Bowden tube was "loose"
In the push fit connectors, so the tube would move up and down on retractions, lessening the effectiveness if the retractions.
*not actually a robot
Creator
Plasticator

Post by Creator »

Thank you, will try this tonight.
The push-fit connectors are a bit "vauge" (ie. I can move the tube a bit, but it wont come loose until I release it the proper way)
Will have a closer look at them aswell and see if they move during printing..
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Yeah, the problem that I had, and you may have, is that the connector has "bitten" into the PTFE tube so much, that it's got a bit of slop to it. You can try using tweezers or your fingernail to pull the grey collar up while you push down on the PTFE tube. If that doesn't tighten it, try cutting off the mangled end of the ptfe tube (IF YOU HAVE EXTRA TO SPARE! Make sure you check!) then re-seat the bowden tube while pulling the collar upwards. If all else fails, put a small cable tie in between the collar and the brass fitting (it fits perfectly with some brands of cable ties, the extra skinny ones) and tape up the tube to the brass fitting. Duct tape, electrical tape, something like that will be able to hold the tube during retractions.
*not actually a robot

Return to “GCode & Test Prints”