DesignSpark (SpaceClaim) tips and tricks webinar - Jan 29

Need help figuring out how to design a particular part? Ask here and others may come along and help you out
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

DesignSpark (SpaceClaim) tips and tricks webinar - Jan 29

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Thought this sounded good enough to share.

In this webinar, we'll show you even faster ways to manipulate models through:

• The pull tool and it's many functions
• Keyboard and mouse shortcuts
• Little known tools to work faster than ever before

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8036029585118278146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Re: DesignSpark (SpaceClaim) tips and tricks webinar - Jan 2

Post by BenTheRighteous »

Sounds interesting!

I notice the link to registration only mentions SpaceClaim, not DesignSpark specifically.

Do you think they'll be going over features that are only present in the paid version of SpaceClaim and not in DesingSpark?
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

DSM is essentially SpaceClaim "Light". Full SpaceClaim has a lot more tools and options that relate specifically to manufacturing and production, supply, etc. but the interface, basic tools, and screenshots look almost identical. My guess is that the pull tool is basic enough that it's the same in both environments.

I sent them an email asking about that. I'll pass along their response.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

I have a full commercial license for SpaceClaim 2015 with STL Add On. I also keep DesignSpark Mechanical installed on my main machine as well as my laptop. DSM v2 (just released) is essentially SpaceClaim 2014 without all the Repair and STL tools that make things faster. I trialed almost every $3k'ish CAD program and settled on SC towards the end of last year.

If you are editing STL's it is an amazing product. And DesignSpark Mechanical CAN edit (open, save) STL's as well. There is a ton of videos on http://www.spaceclaim.com/en/Support/Tu ... tials.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and once you get past the give us your name page, they are all free. And most of them, especially the Basics and Intermediate tutorials are applicable to DSM as well.

If you have a specific question about SC vs DSM I can open them up and try something or look for a particular feature.

btw they post their webinars on the website as well, there are quite a few on their now that are worth watching.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro

Return to “Design Help”