Upgrade kit for v1 owners?

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
artexmg
Printmaster!

Re: Upgrade kit for v1 owners?

Post by artexmg »

brent wrote:Anyone else still waiting for the v2 upgrade?
Me!So have some mods planned, but do not want to go until I had upgraded. So, now I feel like living in the limbo :-)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I've been patiently waiting, but I am beginning to wonder if the V2 upgrade kit for the V1 will ever be offered.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

ME!
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
gestalt73
Printmaster!

Post by gestalt73 »

:D +1 for the V2 upgrade kit.

although I do want it for slightly different reasons.

All my electronics came in for my smoothieboard upgrade, and I'd prefer to build a second printer than upgrading my current one.

I'm guessing that with the upgrade kit + new extrusions + a mcmaster order for the hardware, that should do it.

Any closer to releasing the upgrade kit?
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

I shudder at the thought of rebuilding my rostock after just doing it and getting it back to working... but I wouldn't be able to resist a chance to rid of my build completely of it's x/y print difference.
aerouta
Printmaster!

Post by aerouta »

626Pilot wrote:I don't know that it's a small handful. It may be that most people are not trying to print wide things with fine layer heights.
I have had the same issue, I always had and I was not able to correct it. I do believe you right in saying that most people just do not print close to the towers. With that said, I still have over 50 DAYS!! of print time on my MAX, and in no way would I ever park it in a garage. I am considering getting one of the new SLA printers coming out and my wife suggested that I sell the MAX to offset the cost.....phsih women :))))

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 8&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Same here.

I regularly have to print close (some times even outside, hehe!) of the 11" diameter, and in the border region the initial layer does not print a plane across the entire rounded bed.

However, thanks God, I do not have the need to print thin objects, but rather thick. The thickness compensate for the error, so it is not a big issue. However, knowing that this is happening does not feel good, if you know what I mean.

With time, I'd learn the limitations of my machine, came to an agreement with them and I have to say that I am very happy with my Rostock. ... with time and patience, though! ;-)

Do I regret my decision of having this kit as my introduction to 3D printing? Not at all! I am glad did it this way, as I had learned a lot! ... with time! :-)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

artexmg wrote:Same here.

I regularly have to print close (some times even outside, hehe!) of the 11" diameter, and in the border region the initial layer does not print a plane across the entire rounded bed.

However, thanks God, I do not have the need to print thin objects, but rather thick. The thickness compensate for the error, so it is not a big issue. However, knowing that this is happening does not feel good, if you know what I mean.

With time, I'd learn the limitations of my machine, came to an agreement with them and I have to say that I am very happy with my Rostock. ... with time and patience, though! ;-)

Do I regret my decision of having this kit as my introduction to 3D printing? Not at all! I am glad did it this way, as I had learned a lot! ... with time! :-)
You have a great attitude!
gestalt73
Printmaster!

Post by gestalt73 »

Bump. :)
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

so...are we still holding out here...what's going on if anything?
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

brent wrote:so...are we still holding out here...what's going on if anything?
Yeap ... anybody? news? when?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

I talked to the guys at Seemecnc about this and progress is being made. No estimate of time yet though. Be patient please and the kit will
eventually arrive.
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

Eaglezsoar wrote:I talked to the guys at Seemecnc about this and progress is being made. No estimate of time yet though. Be patient please and the kit will
eventually arrive.
thanks for the update, eagle
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

brent wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:I talked to the guys at Seemecnc about this and progress is being made. No estimate of time yet though. Be patient please and the kit will
eventually arrive.
Yeah, it keeps my hopes high! :-)
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

artexmg wrote:
brent wrote:
eventually arrive.
Yeah, it keeps my hopes high! :-)

WHY NOBODY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS ALREADY AVAILABLE!!! :-)

I am just a happy man!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Yes the upgrade kit is available at http://seemecnc.com/products/full-upgra ... ax-to-a-v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

Eaglezsoar wrote:Yes the upgrade kit is available at http://seemecnc.com/products/full-upgra ... ax-to-a-v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes Sir! and I have mine already ordered! :-)
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

artexmg wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:Yes the upgrade kit is available at http://seemecnc.com/products/full-upgra ... ax-to-a-v2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes Sir! and I have mine already ordered! :-)

And ... for those, like me, that ordered the "only laser cut parts", here is a printed replacement I created for the LCD case: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, in the post you can find the panels replacement as well (do not designed by me)

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”