Waiting for V2 to arrive, What Mods to get before Build???

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
RegB
Printmaster!

Re: Waiting for V2 to arrive, What Mods to get before Build?

Post by RegB »

As mine nears completion I am thinking ahead to where it will be kept/used after the novelty period.
These things are TALL, so I'm thinking that it might need to go on the floor, but that means the LCD control panel would be hard to reach.
Since I haven't YET cut all the wires and connected them up I'm considering trying to put the LCD control panel in the top section.

I *_THINK_* it would take little more than MUCH LONGER ribbon cables and those look like standard parts.
I would need to leave a couple of side panels off and route the ribbons externally, so it probably wouldn't look NEAT.

Design suggestion;
SeeMeCNC could burn all the holes in the top plate for this, plus slots for the ribbon cables, say mid way between two of the towers.
Then all the side panels could go back on and the long ribbons would be clear of the cheapskates.

I would probably use peel-and-stick velcro tabs to secure the LCD panel where I want it.

Maybe this will be a post build mod, the more I think about it the more I believe that it ONLY needs longer ribbon cables and a bit of imagineering.
My time for this is limited and I want it WORKING - SOON !
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Waiting for V2 to arrive, What Mods to get before Build?

Post by geneb »

The interconnect cables for the LCD are very noise sensitive. Any longer and the panel simply doesn't work.

I'd recommend that you get a small nightstand at some place like Ikea or Walmart and stick it on that. You don't want it sitting on the floor where it can collect dirt and potentially be kicked on accident.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”