Can't get extruder past 240C

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
heathenx
Printmaster!

Can't get extruder past 240C

Post by heathenx »

I have updated the firmware (configuration.h) to send my e3dv6 extruder to 300C max but I cannot get my RMaxV2 to go past 240C. What am I doing wrong?
heathenx
Printmaster!

Re: Can't get extruder past 240C

Post by heathenx »

Nevermind. Just answered my own question. I found the setting at the bottom of the file under the "Values for Menu Settings".
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

heathenx wrote:Nevermind. Just answered my own question. I found the setting at the bottom of the file under the "Values for Menu Settings".
Glad you got it working!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

@Eaglezsoar

By the way, I'm extruding Taulman Bridge for the very first time. WOW! Prints are coming out great. If this keeps up then I might have found a replacement for ABS. ;)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

heathenx wrote:@Eaglezsoar

By the way, I'm extruding Taulman Bridge for the very first time. WOW! Prints are coming out great. If this keeps up then I might have found a replacement for ABS. ;)
An expensive replacement. But it is nice to know that you can use it for those Special projects.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Shizuma
Printmaster!

Post by Shizuma »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
heathenx wrote:@Eaglezsoar

An expensive replacement. But it is nice to know that you can use it for those Special projects.
It's Actually pretty much the same price as ABS, well at least if you order all your filament all thru SeeMeCNC, the 2# ABS spool is $39, the 1# Bridge spool is $20, so only $1 more per 2 pounds, though of course you can get ABS of cheaper elsewhere. It was lower than I thought when I went to buy some cause I was expecting it to be $30+ for a pound so I was pleased, though I've yet to get to use any of it yet cause I'm still on the stock hotend and haven't gotten an E3D yet.
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

I've had a very reliable source tell me that he runs Bridge through his stock hotend just fine. And by the way, I print my Bridge at 247C WITH the bowden tube all of the way down into my E3DV6. That's not much hotter than stock anyway.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

I found bridge printed better at ~235 so the stock Hotend should be fine with it.
Much hotter makes the filament tend to print opaque, and with a less good finish IMO.

The other Taulman Nylons need to be printed much hotter IMO.
Catfang
Plasticator

Post by Catfang »

I was printing Bridge with my stock hotend for a while with no issues either, when out of the blue the PEEK part melted and came loose. I've switched to an E3D(v6) since. It'll /probably/ work just fine with the stock hotend, but I'd switch to an all metal hotend if you are planning on printing a lot of Bridge.

>^,,^<

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”