Hot end not heating

Forum for all things related to Simplify 3D Software
srgntforest
Plasticator

Hot end not heating

Post by srgntforest »

hi all,
so far I've amassed 5 days of print time on my rostock max v2 rev. 3. In that time, I've used simplify 3d almost exclusively, but there is a problem. I have my hot end set to T0, but simplify 3d will no heat it. it heats the bed, and set points work for the bed, but it would appear the hot end isn't able to heat or accept set points from the software. all advice is welcome.
Last edited by srgntforest on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hot end not heating

Post by Mac The Knife »

T0 is correct, That is what's listed in my copy of S3D. So you've been manually setting the temperature to print? You say almost exclusively, what other program were you using?
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Please check the wire connections to the hotend and thermistor.
Do you notice a def on the display? I so the thermistor is not wired correctly or is defective.
Best to you in finding the problem. If you have a multimeter check the voltage to the hotend at the Rambo board where the hotend connects being very careful
not to short anything out. Also did you check the small fuses on the board?
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
srgntforest
Plasticator

Post by srgntforest »

ive been setting the temps using the preheat function in the drop down menu. i used mattercontrol, the seemecnc version for the rest of the time, it would heat the hot end. i have 5 days of print time and have tested the temps at the nozzle using a temp gun, they are within the standard sigma(error range).
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

If mattercontrol heated the hotend but Simplify3D does not it would appear that there is a setting that is incorrect.
I do not use Simplify3D so I cannot be a help in it's settings. Best to you in finding the source of your problem.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

Return to “Simplify3D”