Rostock MAX Not printing w/ S3D

Forum for all things related to Simplify 3D Software
davec3275
Printmaster!

Rostock MAX Not printing w/ S3D

Post by davec3275 »

I thought I would throw this up here to see if anyone has had the same issue. I have been using Simply3D for about 2 weeks now to print on my Rostock V2 without issue. That is, until now.

All of a sudden I get this strange occurrence where when I first connect to the printer and click "Print from USB" S3D sends a few initial commands to the Rostock (i.e. towers home) and then nothing. The stream of replies in the Machine Communication window just stops and even after stopping the print I get nothing.

In order to print using S3D I have to select "Disconnect" and then "Connect" in S3D. After that, it works fine...at least until the next print.

Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts? I already uninstalled S3D and totally cleared the Process settings.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rostock MAX Not printing w/ S3D

Post by mhackney »

What platform/OS are you on?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

Windows 7 64-bit.

I re-downloaded the 64-bit version to re-install.

Also, tired printing in MatterControl again and had zero issues.
azraely
Noob

Post by azraely »

I was having a similar issue. In my case it was from using the machine control panel to extrude filament and then hitting print. the printer would home and then just sit there. I had to restart the printer and reconnect usually. I found that after extruding filament if I hit the home all button on the jog screen and then hit the begin printing over usb command it prints normally.
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

azraely wrote:I was having a similar issue. In my case it was from using the machine control panel to extrude filament and then hitting print. the printer would home and then just sit there. I had to restart the printer and reconnect usually. I found that after extruding filament if I hit the home all button on the jog screen and then hit the begin printing over usb command it prints normally.
HM!! I will have to give that a try. I do usually extrude some filament prior to a print to prime it some.Thanks!
davec3275
Printmaster!

Post by davec3275 »

azraely wrote:I was having a similar issue. In my case it was from using the machine control panel to extrude filament and then hitting print. the printer would home and then just sit there. I had to restart the printer and reconnect usually. I found that after extruding filament if I hit the home all button on the jog screen and then hit the begin printing over usb command it prints normally.
Well, finally got around to trying this and it worked perfectly!! Thanks for the suggestion.

And thank you to everyone for all of your help with this issue. I greatly appreciate it.

Return to “Simplify3D”