False starts with latest MC?

Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

False starts with latest MC?

Post by Captain Starfish »

I've already sent this off to Lars and Kevin but just wondering if I'm the only one getting smashed by it.

1.1.2 and 1.1.3 have both been giving me this issue. Running on a Mac with Repetier firmware v0.91 and MatterSlice slicer.

Bring everything up to temp with the control panel.
Prime the nozzle with the control panel.
Hit "start" on a part.
Effector comes down, prints maybe a centimetre of filament, stops.

Printer just sits there waiting for next instruction. I can cancel the job which ignores any home command but kills the heaters, and I can then go and hit the home and restart the heaters in the control panel before re-priming and trying again. After a couple of goes with no changes she goes through the whole print job without a hitch.

I'm on the brink of adding logging entries to the source to try and hunt it down but first... is it just me? Or are other people getting hit with this?
teejaydub
Prints-a-lot

Re: False starts with latest MC?

Post by teejaydub »

I don't know if a "not me" reply is useful, but I've never seen anything like that with the latest MC.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

It does help.

What version though?
teejaydub
Prints-a-lot

Post by teejaydub »

Same as you - Repetier 0.91, MatterSlice from MatterControl 1.1.3, and previously 1.1.2.
sandy
Printmaster!

Post by sandy »

I'm having the same problem. OS X 10.9.4, Latest repetier, MC 1.1.3 - in 1.1.2 I had some freezing very early in the print print, now that plus stopping about 100mm above platform. No amount of 'cancel' works, and terminal shows the commands just stop.
Russ
Prints-a-lot

Post by Russ »

Using a Max V2 and MC 1.1.3, it'll slice with Matterslice but won't print it - it just gets stuck on the heating part. MC appends some start gcode even though you specify your own gcode, but not sure if that is the problem. I exported the gcode and it printed fine in Rep-Host.

MC does crash on large, complex stl's though. Hopefully that'll get fixed. They are manifold, and Cura sliced them in the Cura standalone app.

Hope that helps,
Russ
Vancouver, Canada

Rostock Max V2 - Lovin' it! Mods including dual 92mm chassis fans, vertical 92mm Rambo fan, and AstroSyn dampers.
MendelMax 1.5 - still in the box, what to do?
Thing-O-Matic - Rebuilt carriage, now converting to NinjaFlex
NJTOM
Noob

Post by NJTOM »

I use an Orion and Windows 7 and I have the same problem I have found that pausing the job before hitting cancel allows me to stop the job and restart it. I think its a COM issue the reason I say this is. If I drop and SD card in my Laptop and and export the GCODE to the SD Card and then plug it straight into the Orion it works everytime. But if I use MC from my laptop jacked straight to the Orion. It stalls after the first print every time.

Return to “MatterControl”