MatterControl Touch

Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: MatterControl Touch

Post by Mac The Knife »

I normally just print from the sd card on the printer, but I've done a couple of prints straight from the tablet, with no problems. I had issues at first getting the printer to connect through the usb hub, but a tablet restart seemed to solve that. There is an micro usb adapter I want to pick up,,, Its an OTG adapter, with a power input. http://gorillagadgets.com/products/micr ... oCh7Tw_wcB

For remote control, I'm trying out Team Viewer. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx Its free for individual use.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Mac The Knife wrote:I normally just print from the sd card on the printer, but I've done a couple of prints straight from the tablet, with no problems. I had issues at first getting the printer to connect through the usb hub, but a tablet restart seemed to solve that. There is an micro usb adapter I want to pick up,,, Its an OTG adapter, with a power input. http://gorillagadgets.com/products/micr ... oCh7Tw_wcB

For remote control, I'm trying out Team Viewer. https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx Its free for individual use.

I added a bluetooth mouse, so no USB hub is needed. Charge through mini USB & printer plugged directly into tablets full size USB.

Be sure to post how Team Viewer works for you.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

I just checked price for TW802 it is $129 but none available on their web store, however if you have a store near you it is available for $99 if you buy in store. Some locations had a few 'open box' units for $80

They have many locations, sure would be worth the trip if close by.

edit:
Amazon and ebay have some units, but at a higher price. $138 - $170
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
GRABER i3 "Slim"
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I intend to add a webcam, hence the otg adapter. I haven't found a bluetooth mouse I like, yet,,,,, and I really prefer trackballs.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

bvandiepenbos wrote:I just checked price for TW802 it is $129 but none available on their web store, however if you have a store near you it is available for $99 if you buy in store. Some locations had a few 'open box' units for $80

They have many locations, sure would be worth the trip if close by.

edit:
Amazon and ebay have some units, but at a higher price. $138 - $170
Got mine yesterday :)

Still configuring it, unfortunately they are hard to find over here so you pay whatever the price is when you find a seller that actually sells to Australia..

I'll put both the repetier-server and mattercontrol on it and see which one I like most. Slicer will be reg kisslicer.
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

bvandiepenbos wrote:I am using a WinBook TW802 tablet to run my printer with repetier, streams over usb no problems. I have done 5 hour prints no problems.
FULL SIZE USB port, Windows 8.1, 2gb ram, etc. etc. Amazing value, I paid $100 but I see it is $119 now, but still WOW.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4409 ... et_-_Black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I download files, slice, print everything!
Repetier, MatterControl desktop version, Cura, KissSlicer, netfabb, etc.

The only downside is navigating the tiny icons on the touch screen... just plug in a usb keyboard and mouse and your golden!
Or a folio case with a bluetooth keyboard.

I think it would work just fine for CNC control to shapeoko.
Was there any special settings in the windows firewall to let the repetier-server to work, I can't seem to connect to the IP number and 3344. It works fine when I run it as localhost:3344 on the 802, just did a printout that went for 2.5 hours without a problem.

Help!
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

I have not changed firewall settings, but I am using repetier host connected over usb no problem.
I have not used repetier server.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
GRABER i3 "Slim"
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

crocky wrote:
bvandiepenbos wrote:I am using a WinBook TW802 tablet to run my printer with repetier, streams over usb no problems. I have done 5 hour prints no problems.
FULL SIZE USB port, Windows 8.1, 2gb ram, etc. etc. Amazing value, I paid $100 but I see it is $119 now, but still WOW.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4409 ... et_-_Black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I download files, slice, print everything!
Repetier, MatterControl desktop version, Cura, KissSlicer, netfabb, etc.

The only downside is navigating the tiny icons on the touch screen... just plug in a usb keyboard and mouse and your golden!
Or a folio case with a bluetooth keyboard.

I think it would work just fine for CNC control to shapeoko.
Was there any special settings in the windows firewall to let the repetier-server to work, I can't seem to connect to the IP number and 3344. It works fine when I run it as localhost:3344 on the 802, just did a printout that went for 2.5 hours without a problem.

Help!
Easiest test would be to disable the firewall temporarily just to verify if something is blocking the connection.

From an elevated command prompt or powershell, netsh advfirewall set currentprofile state off
Change it to "on" to enable your current profile.
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Got it, I had to put a rule in to enable the port.... Works fine now :)

Thanks for trying to help.

I am printing from a Mac to Windows 8.1 running the server and I can remote control the job from the ipad too. All I have to do now is get the camera working....
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
Java
Plasticator

Post by Java »

There's a Windows tablet on woot today for $60.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/toshib ... our-choice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Java wrote:There's a Windows tablet on woot today for $60.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/toshib ... our-choice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it doesn't have a full size USB port, just the micro. The Microcenter has both and uses the micro for charging while you print with the full size port.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
DGBK
Printmaster!

Post by DGBK »

Is there somewhere to simply download matter control for android? I have a note II sitting in a drawer that has much better internals than the touch tablet they sell.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I recall reading somewhere that they weren't allowing that to happen. The reasoning was that you couldn't run your printer, and charge the tablet at the same time. Having the tablet shutdown because of a dead battery in the middle of a print would be bad.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Outsider
Printmaster!

Post by Outsider »

I bought one with my RMax v2 kit and it ended up in the junk drawer. totally unusable. I shouldf have sent it back.

Return to “MatterControl”