Smoothie + KISSlicer: No dual extrusion.

626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Smoothie + KISSlicer: No dual extrusion.

Post by 626Pilot »

I have the weirdest problem. If I use G-code commands or the extruder controls in Repetier Host, I can get the first and second extruders to push filament. It works as it should.

Trying to print an object from a file that has been generated in KISSlicer, on the other hand, ALWAYS only uses the first extruder. This includes the case in which I tell it to run everything through the second, and none through the first.

I verified that the g-code is telling it T1 (select second extruder) and not T0 (select first). I tried typing lines from the g-code file one by one into Rep Host, and it worked right. However, when I run the g-code off the disk (through Rep Host) or off the SD card, it keeps going back to extruder 1.

It makes zero sense to me that the printer would care whether the commands were typed in the console or read out of a g-code file on the SD card. It makes zero sense to me that a file full of T1 (select 2nd extruder) instructions, and no T0 (select 1st) instructions, would act as though it contained only T0s and never any T1s. I tried using different filenames, in case something was cached. I tried rebooting the printer.

Smoothie config: http://pastebin.com/CayvGmvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First lines of g-code instructing it to ONLY use the 2nd extruder: http://pastebin.com/dDmEwwsP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Simplified test code (like above, but with no comments):

Code: Select all

G21
G90
G28
M140 S50

G92 E0
T1
M109 S240
G92 E0

G1 X14.34 Y31.88 Z1.3 E0 F9000
G1 X14.34 Y31.88 Z0.3 E0
G1 E5 F1200
To reiterate: Copy & paste the above code line-by-line, second extruder pushes filament. Run PRECISELY the same code off the disk through Rep Host, first extruder pushes filament.

I'm so perplexed. I have no traction on this problem, and I can't proceed. That means I can't have dual extrusion. How do I get this thing working?
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Smoothie + KISSlicer: No dual extrusion.

Post by 626Pilot »

I figured it out.

Repetier Host is doing it. I tried putting the test file on the SD card again, and it ran properly. Pasting it into the g-code section of Rep Host and running it resulted in the wrong extruder moving.

I guess I'll leave this thread here in case someone else has the same problem.

Return to “Smoothieboard and variants”