Beta Tester Thread (OPEN NOW)

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Beta Tester Thread (OPEN NOW)

Post by johnoly99 »

OK guys, it's about that time! We're going to be doing a run of 10 'beta' kits of the DropLit in the next couple weeks. I know you've all expressed a ton of interest in it, and I'd like to invite you guys to somehow formally join the beta testing side of it. We all know that resin 3D printing is nothing new, but there hasn't been any mass adoption anywhere near the scale of FFF printing. That said, these kits are still somewhat of an unknown. What we are aiming to do for the desktop resin printers is provide the hardware to start getting the ball rolling faster on dev of all things resin printing. Some words of advice, we aren't using any DL* acronyms, they are trademarks of other companies that we respect, but if you are interested in these types of printers, you know what the last letter is :) We honor trade names/trade marks and respect others who honor ours as well, so we've been trying not to use any SL*/DL*/UV* acronyms.

What i'm going to be doing is putting together a google form ( ill link it here when i get it up) so you can enroll to be in the ~8 or so beta spots left. 2 spots are taken already, per commitments this weekend and talks at maker faire with some other guys. I'm not sure how we'll select the remaining beta machine users, but we do want you to be sure you can participate actively in the testing phase. We're trying to make sure that we focus on the hardware side primarily, such as assembly issues/setup issues etc... As far as software/projector issues, that's outside our control for now, so the testing is primarily on does the hardware do what it needs to do :) So if you can't commit to building/testing the hardware/electronics in ~1 week or so, please don't throw your hat in the ring. I'd like to have the 10 beta's assembled and 'air' printing within a week from shipping them to you, so we can rapidly nail down the mechanics. There will most likely be a few parts you'll have to print, such as http://repables.com/r/349/ which is the antibacklash nut. So having a working FFF Printer would be handy too :) and will be reflected in the beta kit price. If you're looking at which projector to use, i'm still sticking with the acer P1283, but you can use others too, in fact it wouldn't be bad to have other models to list in the thread about projectors. The only thing i did was remove the uv filter and color wheel, and i ended up turning the brightness down to only 20% so might not have needed to take all that off anyways :)

Comments/suggestions below guys!

###############################################
############# UPDATE ###########################

The signup sheet is NOW up, so heres the link guys

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yq8H4e ... =send_form" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

##################################################
brent
Printmaster!

Re: Beta Tester Thread

Post by brent »

Johnoly99: Some targeted q's to add to the google form below. I know I'll *probably* get bashed for suggesting people to post their social media/forum info, but it I'm suggesting that it is an optional category.
Do you understand that receiving a beta unit requires that you are capable of providing constructive feedback: yes/no
Do you have a working printer to print parts required for your beta unit: yes/no

Model/Brand of projector you are planning on using: _____
Email address: ____

-------------------------------------
Optional Social/Forum Info
SeeMeCNC Forum Profile URL (format: http://forum.seemecnc.com/ucp.php?i=YOURID" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) : ____
Twitter Handle: (format: @yourhandle) ____
Google+ Handle (format: +yourhandle): ____
Freenode #RepRap Handle (format: yourhandle) ____
Reddit Username (format: reddit.com/u/yourusername) ____
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

I'm very tempted to put my hand up, but likely it would take an extra week just to have the machine/projecter even shipped to me. Living in the jungle has some downsides :(
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
Pilcrowdesigns
Plasticator

Post by Pilcrowdesigns »

I would have the time to put it together. But I don't have a printer to print the m5 nut anti backlash. So if you want to test it out on a average dummy to see how quickly they can do it.. I would be a great candidate. One thing though if you sell the kit. I would recommend providing all the parts needed so one can just put it together and get it up and running. From my understanding, people that buy it for ($400-$600) for the kit, would still have to buy the acer P1283 ($300?), take it apart to get the part out, plus print out this m5 nut... right? All that confuses me.. I could put it together if all the parts are supplied and I have plenty of models to print that are original.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

When is shipping?

If it is within a couple days from which I can arrange a mule, I would be honored to be a beta tester.

Not that it has any relevance but I am a computer engineer and have a PhD in mechatronics.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
RegB
Printmaster!

Post by RegB »

Consider me IN, if there is still a "slot".
A newbie here, but with a LONG history in computers (from BEFORE it was called "computer science" or programmers called themselves "software engineers").
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

just so this thread doesnt fill with "I want on the list" posts, I'm gonna re-paste what john said..
please be patient while we set everything up for the beta.

johnoly99 wrote: What i'm going to be doing is putting together a google form ( ill link it here when i get it up) so you can enroll ... if you can't commit to building/testing the hardware/electronics in ~1 week or so, please don't throw your hat in the ring. ... having a working FFF Printer would be handy too
Comments/suggestions below guys!
Thank you

Guanu
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

A week is pushing it a bit I think, but I could do it provided there isnt any delays in getting the projector shipped or anything stupid. Two weeks would be a safe bet. Have a FFF printer for printing the nut, but also have a small machine shop so would likely go that route.
What parts would need to be purchased sepratly?? This is goig to be a PIP! (projector imaging printing) LOL
Wife said I can spend the money!!! Yay!! Im in!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

I'll go for this, I'll keep an eye out for the form here to sign up.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
PowderLab Drew
Plasticator

Post by PowderLab Drew »

I am definitely down to test this out! Being an Electrical Engineering graduate and working for a major pharmaceutical company as the Director of Biotechnology Systems, I think I could provide a thorough test!

I will watch for the form!
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

So I have one of these: http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-ES550.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - I'm thinking it would work. As I understand a 2000 lumen DLP projector is needed correct?
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: Beta Tester Thread (OPEN NOW)

Post by johnoly99 »

Only one sign-up? Guys go check the first post on this thread you might not have seen my update
DocHogan
Prints-a-lot

Post by DocHogan »

johnoly99 wrote:Only one sign-up? Guys go check the first post on this thread you might not have seen my update
I'd be all over it, but I can't pony up for the projector right now! :(
1ggy
Printmaster!

Post by 1ggy »

I'm an impulse shopper and I couldn't resist the urge to sign up.
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Oh man I'd love to sign up, I just have too much going on I think to be able to devote to testing it properly :( I'm still 50/50 though.....
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

BUMP for UPDATE
Christian79
Printmaster!

Post by Christian79 »

Okay I'm in, form completed.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

I applied also. Looking forward to a whole New level of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I have a mule in 13 days.

How many USD's is it and how many kg's?

Please inform me.

Thanks a lot.

Teoman
Gary
Plasticator

Post by Gary »

I just saw this! This is amazing timing. I have been trying to figure out which DLP to buy...

I have an Orion and a Rostock V2, but I need some parts printed without the "artifacts" of extrusion. I have been using my CNC mill for these parts. An SLA printer would solve this problem nicely.

I would be happy to beta test this device and have plenty of time in which to do it.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Signed up.

But waiting for answers to my questions to see if I should kick myself out.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

teoman wrote:Signed up.

But waiting for answers to my questions to see if I should kick myself out.
The price on the main SeeMeCNC page is $399 for the Beta kits, it shows momentarily before being marked as Sold Out.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I guessed as much.

But what about the shipping time.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

Ok the suspense is KILLIN ME!!!!
Christian79
Printmaster!

Post by Christian79 »

Me too..... Is the list filled yet??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DavidF wrote:Ok the suspense is KILLIN ME!!!!

Return to “DropLit”