Beta Tester Thread (OPEN NOW)

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Beta Tester Thread (OPEN NOW)

Post by teoman »

OK, where do we order the print material?

And what do you recommend. Best to get that out of the way while anxiously waiting...
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Ok guys,

I'm just waiting on the electronics packages to come in this week and we'll have everything to start packing the beta kits. We havn't narrowed down the testers completely just yet, so the form is still open to sign up. The price fo rthe beta's is going to be somewhere around the mid 200 mark.

teoman, as for materials, you're free to use whatever you want. Makerjuice.com is where i've been getting my resin, and i had them mix some blue but the blue has a lot of white pigment in it which is proving problematic, so i'd say stay with the red subSF or G+ resins

More to come shortly, and if anyone's interested, the github repo is updated with the newest cad files if you want to poke around :)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

And i'm printing with it live now!

I am broadcasting live at http://ustre.am/EXJG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; come and check it out!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

MakerJuice has a special on six - one of each color - 500mL bottles of SubG+. The only one missing is transparent so I grabbed a 500 mL bottle of that too.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

mhackney wrote:MakerJuice has a special on six - one of each color - 500mL bottles of SubG+. The only one missing is transparent so I grabbed a 500 mL bottle of that too.
I'll have to check that out. Think ill hold of on ordering until I find out if I made "the list" . I have high hopes, printed the nuts and have been playing with the software some. Looks like a bit of a learning curve for the supports, have to do some more research to see when they would be needed.
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Perrfecchi!

Chuck Norris Wins!
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Yeah, I chatted with John today so I am pretty sure I made the list! If not, I'll have a projector and a bunch of resin with no printer! Steve and John know I *need* another printer!

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Christian79
Printmaster!

Post by Christian79 »

I just reread the first post to verify, and it does say we are testing the hardware and electronics of the kit. So at this point we are "Air printing" (to quote the OP). I know we all want to print ASAP, but I bring this up incase some people have not signed up thinking that they needed to have a actual resin printing machine in a week.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

mhackney wrote:Yeah, I chatted with John today so I am pretty sure I made the list! If not, I'll have a projector and a bunch of resin with no printer! Steve and John know I *need* another printer!

cheers,
Michael

I knew you would have easily made the list, I would have bumped myself and put you on it if I had to make the choice. And I can speculate a few others that made it, but I still can see a few openings. Hope to make one of the slots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Christian, the beta kits have the mechanics and electronics for the printer. The beta assembler is responsible for the software, projector and resins. I fully expect to have my printer assembled and printing in less than a week - the gauntlet is laid down!

cheers,
Michael

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

Christian79 wrote:I just reread the first post to verify, and it does say we are testing the hardware and electronics of the kit. So at this point we are "Air printing" (to quote the OP). I know we all want to print ASAP, but I bring this up incase some people have not signed up thinking that they needed to have a actual resin printing machine in a week.
Yep, read that and fully understand what thier looking for and why. ;)
Christian79
Printmaster!

Post by Christian79 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael,

All I am trying to do is clarify the intentions of the Beta test. Unless I read it wrong, John's ideal result is to have 10ish printers "Air Printing" by the end of the week. Since the list is still open I assume he has not received enough entries or not the entries he wants. That being said those on the sidelines who feel they cannot build and configure a FULLY operational printer in the short time frame do not need to worry about it since that is not the desired objective, only to assemble and test the hardware.

Do I have this correct John?

mhackney wrote:Christian, the beta kits have the mechanics and electronics for the printer. The beta assembler is responsible for the software, projector and resins. I fully expect to have my printer assembled and printing in less than a week - the gauntlet is laid down!

cheers,
Michael
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Well I have a projector, multiple actually, the time and the cash, hope my form gets accepted.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Christian79,

You are correct in that the only real feedback we are looking for is on the hardware/design side of it. As for projectors/resins, that will all be up to the end user, not only for the betas but for all droplits for the foreseeable future. If you build your beta AND get it printing, then you sir get bonus points :) Some will, i'm sure of it, some will get the hardware/electronics part done, and in the timeframe for the feedback that we're seeking. There are plenty of testers signed up for sure! Surprised actually at the number that signed up! I do have a few people that I trust and work with regularly that are obviously on the list for sure to get theirs, but I also am taking a few of the people i'm not familiar with, as their feedback will prob. be the best for us as they will be less biased etc... Either way, looks like the UNO's and shields JUST came in yesterday, so we'll be firing up the lasers on Monday to cut the beta kits, with shipping expected end of next week guys!
Christian79
Printmaster!

Post by Christian79 »

Thank you for the reply John. I know we are all excited to see this project progress. When do you plan on releasing the names of the lucky 10 so they can be ready to serve in this project?
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

image (2).jpg
XGHRhzb.gif
XGHRhzb.gif (972.21 KiB) Viewed 17143 times

just sayin =)

Guanu
grabredemeyer
Printmaster!

Post by grabredemeyer »

Nice. Looking forward to this!
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

If you're one of the lucky ones you'll be getting an email from us later today! It will have a link to where you can order your beta kit on our site, as well as information for participating.

IF you get an email invitation, and aren't ready to participate, go ahead and let us know asap so we can make sure that all 10 kits are sent to people who can/will do the test assembly/feedback.

Thanks guys, and good luck!
PacManFan
Noob

Post by PacManFan »

I would like to be included in the Beta Test Program as well. As the author of 'Creation Workshop', I'd like to make sure I can do everything possible to make this software compatible and customized for the DropLit printer.

-Steve
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Ok guys,

Emails were sent out, so if you were selected, you'll get the email with info on how to proceed!
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

johnoly99 wrote:Ok guys,

Emails were sent out, so if you were selected, you'll get the email with info on how to proceed!
Should I close this thread so we can use the other one?
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

(deleted)
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Nah,