How's the dimensional accuracy?

The ERIS Delta, a truly affordable entry into Delta 3D Printing
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

How's the dimensional accuracy?

Post by 626Pilot »

I've been thinking about getting one or two of these to augment my production line. I need to be able to print parts that interlock with other parts, with fine tolerances. I was wondering if anyone has done any testing on this printer to figure out what sort of dimensional accuracy it can deliver. I have a dimensional accuracy calibration procedure that works with delta printers, and which should fit within the Eris' footprint. However, you could just print something out and measure it with calipers, if you don't want to go through the calibration.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: How's the dimensional accuracy?

Post by Mac The Knife »

I believe it's pretty good. However I quit using the auto-cal feature, and make adjustments in the eeprom. I'll have to print out a test cube this morning.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

626Pilot wrote:I've been thinking about getting one or two of these to augment my production line. I need to be able to print parts that interlock with other parts, with fine tolerances. I was wondering if anyone has done any testing on this printer to figure out what sort of dimensional accuracy it can deliver. I have a dimensional accuracy calibration procedure that works with delta printers, and which should fit within the Eris' footprint. However, you could just print something out and measure it with calipers, if you don't want to go through the calibration.
What are you making with your production line? You seem a smart fellow, why not build your own printer to your exact specs?
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Sketched up a 1 x 1 x .5 inch cube, in Solidworks, .05 wall thicness. It measured a thousandth under in Y, and around 6 thou over in X. Wall thickness measured 5 thou over. Sliced with S3d, .2mm layer height, .5mm nozzle, Hatchbox pla. Printed on PEI, sanded with 400 grit.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Mac The Knife wrote:Sketched up a 1 x 1 x .5 inch cube, in Solidworks, .05 wall thicness. It measured a thousandth under in Y, and around 6 thou over in X. Wall thickness measured 5 thou over. Sliced with S3d, .2mm layer height, .5mm nozzle, Hatchbox pla. Printed on PEI, sanded with 400 grit.
are you swapping between units? inches/mm
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Yep, drawn in imperial, sliced in metric. I am overextruding though,,, It shows at the corners, and the top layer of the bottom of the box was printed concentric, and it shows over extruding there also.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

joe wrote:What are you making with your production line? You seem a smart fellow, why not build your own printer to your exact specs?
Some things that I designed myself, and some things for customers. I have already built a MAX METAL, and will be starting in on a second one soon. They are excellent printers. However, the BOM for these printers - to deck them all out the way I want them - is close to two grand, and they take awhile to assemble and calibrate. The Eris is only $550+shipping, and someone else has already figured out all the annoying details for me. All I have to do is add a Raspberry Pi with OctoPrint, and that's all. No dozens of hours spent printing fixtures, etc. The Eris only has one nozzle, and no bed heat, but it's still good enough to do a lot of things.
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

Alright, I've seen measurements from a few people (some on YouTube) and I'm satisfied. Pulled the trigger :)

Return to “ERIS Delta”