ERIS is a pain in the butt .

The ERIS Delta, a truly affordable entry into Delta 3D Printing
CAMY014
Plasticator

ERIS is a pain in the butt .

Post by CAMY014 »

For who he wants to listen....the most affordable printer in the world(eris 3d printer) is affordable but very unreliable, it breaks apart more so often that you can imagine, it is fragile made, the bed leveling process is not working , the gcode commands are working erraticly and when you think you done it ,you learned something you are allways stunned by the illogical behavior of the machine that you so mach wanted to have and to use. Is there anyone who has used a really working 3d printer ? If so let me know....
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: ERIS is a pain in the butt .

Post by Tincho85 »

UHmm.. are you looking for help or only want to make a statement?
We are not SeeMeCNC's support, just regular people like you willing to give a hand to those who need assistance. There is no need to be rude.

I've looked through your posts and you never shared a video or picture of your problem as it was asked.
If you really want help, share more information please.
Martín S.
JATMN
Printmaster!

Post by JATMN »

CAMY014 wrote:For who he wants to listen....the most affordable printer in the world(eris 3d printer) is affordable but very unreliable, it breaks apart more so often that you can imagine, it is fragile made, the bed leveling process is not working , the gcode commands are working erraticly and when you think you done it ,you learned something you are allways stunned by the illogical behavior of the machine that you so mach wanted to have and to use. Is there anyone who has used a really working 3d printer ? If so let me know....
Uhm.. fragile? What did you do throw it off the top of a building? Mine has survived 400miles+ of tumbling around the trunk of my car unprotected and still prints like a champ and not a single broken/cracked/chipped part on the machine..

Bed leveling has been a hit and miss for some people. I never got mine to work correctly. But worth noting if the nozzle is not clean at the tip and the temp is not under 40C you will never get a good tap.

As for gcode commands never had an issue

I have used many working printers....
I own: Ultimaker 2, Dynamo3d One Pro, SeeMeCNC Eris, Monoprice select mini, Hobbyking Fabrikator mini, Wanhao Duplicator 4
I have used: Robo3d R1, Airwolf Axiom, Lulzbot Taz6, FlashForce Creator

Hope I have used enough working printers to satisfied your desire to find someone that has used a working printer.
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

JATMN wrote: Uhm.. fragile? What did you do throw it off the top of a building? Mine has survived 400miles+ of tumbling around the trunk of my car unprotected and still prints like a champ and not a single broken/cracked/chipped part on the machine..
Just for fun, I would link to the video of Seeme drop testing it by shoving it off a table a few times (The machine didn't break, the power supply connector did), but facebook has expired the video link sadly.

Also, Partdaddy has stated that there is a year of warranty for anything but the hotend and build surface. And has also on past occasions stated that he will replace things at their option beyond that period (This was related to Rmax parts, as the Eris hadn't yet released).

Now, I have (or had) access to a number of printers, from my heavily modified Rmax 2, 3 Stratsys dimension 750's (I think it's the right number for the m, they are new and kinda annoying to work with so I mostly ignore them), a 12 year old stratsys dimension something or other (I mention it separately because it's a different model completely), 18 Taz 6's, a Phanuc robotic printing attachment, and somewhere on campus is a 5th generation Makerbot number.

I've had more issues with the Taz 6's at 2.5 times the cost of the Rmax 2 than I would have imagined, as their hobbed gears eat the ABS lulzbot sells very efficiently, and the nozzles are a pain to clean enough for them to autocalibrate, which they do with every print. Sure, they have a clever wiper, but it fails or needs replaced rapidly. The Makerbot 5th generation models kill their "smart extruder" around every 200 hours with the original ones (And they had the balls to ask for 400$ for a three pack, since they knew you'd need to replace them often), the 12 year old Stratsys got ~1K hours before it's extruder went and needed replacement (~1200 for the service on that, I'm told). The new three throw hissy fits at network configurations relatively often.

In short, if you get down to it, I can show you conditions in which any printer I've worked with has fallen over and failed. What sets some machines apart, like the Rmax 2, or Eris, is that the company stands behind it 100%, and the community is here to pick up any slack. We've voided the warranties on 2 Taz's so far this year by opening the electronics chassis. As far as I know, there is no way to void the Rmax or Eris warranty other than provable deliberate damage.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

i think the issue is expectations... people buy a printer like eris that markets itself as Ready To Print and expect to be able to press the print button and have a nice clean print just like you get from a 2D printer. Ready to print just means you don't have to build it, not that it's ready to print at all.

3D printers aren't that good yet, especially deltas, so expect to spend hours on it to get it to work acceptably. If you aren't willing to do that consider 3Dhubs.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I don't know about that. The first print I ever ran on my Eris was while I had the silly thing parked upside down on a bench. :)

OP /really/ needs to contact [email protected] with his issues and let calmer heads prevail. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Many people have problem loading ink and toner cartridges into 2D printers. Just sayin...

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
CAMY014
Plasticator

Post by CAMY014 »

I AM MAKING A STATEMENT..... PROBABLY ALL 3D PRINTERS SUCKS BIG TIMES. it is a brilliant ideea, i am a designer, i work with cnc machines for years now, i work with 3d programs like 3ds max for organic stuff and i work with solid works for geometrical stuff i work with photoshop and i work with simplified 3d for cnc machines and so on so on....i am not young and i got technical know how. i do not want help or pitty, i do not want my money back or something and i do not want to harm anybody. So beeing said the 3d printing home technology sucks for years now, new machines pop up more and more and they sell to us dreams not real machines that really work for years. it is a big stagnation on 3d printer improvements ,breakthroughs are not coming, just lies, there are just enthusiasts that want to believe that we can do whatever we want,even 3d printing.....and yes even i can do 3d prints sometimes, and i can prove it with these pictures.... sorry if i offended someone but 3d printing sucks....big times !!!
Attachments
SOME PARTS.jpg
SECTION.jpg
and 41 moving parts
and 41 moving parts
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Nice parts!

We are still in the wild west days of 3D printing. Look at the early days of the PC revolution, there are many similarities. Each step brought the PC further along until at one point, the "masses got it". It took a few years. One could argue that 3D printing/additive manufacturing is much more complex and may never truly be as simple as a microwave oven to use.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

You didn't make a statement, you came on and ranted about a printer that others use successfully.

Please post a picture of the sub $600 CNC machine you're using.

Our V2 works, prints well and my son has been having fun making all kinds of stuff. Home 3D printing is great. Love it.
CAMY014
Plasticator

Post by CAMY014 »

posting a picture of my 3d printing machine.
Attachments
MY 3D PRINTER.jpg
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

The auto calibration is poor (on my printer) but I don't get the "fragile" thing. It's built as sturdy as any 3D printer I've seen, and much sturdier than some.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

As far as I know, there is no way to void the Rmax or Eris warranty other than provable deliberate damage
You are correct sir ;)
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

mhackney wrote:Many people have problem loading ink and toner cartridges into 2D printers.
I can never get the Z height right on mine.

Return to “ERIS Delta”