Heating and cooling options for Eris?

The ERIS Delta, a truly affordable entry into Delta 3D Printing
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Heating and cooling options for Eris?

Post by AlanZ »

I have been playing with a Ber-Air cooler on my Eris, and the results have been great.

A few things though...

I have to run the Berd-Air at a pretty low power because the Eris' hot end temperature easily drops when there is any external cooling fans.

Is it practical to increase the heating capabilities of the Eris, perhaps replace the single heating resists with a 40 watt cartridge?

Also, I am currently manually turning the Berd-Air on after the first layer or so, and off after the print is finished.
The Eris only has one fan to cool the extruder and the layers, so I don't know if it isn't simply running full power all the time.
Assuming I put in a power adapter so as not to draw too much current from the mini-Rambo, where would I hook up the Berd-Air so I can use the slicer to turn it on at a particular layer and off when the print finishes?
AlanZ
Printmaster!

Re: Heating and cooling options for Eris?

Post by AlanZ »

Anyone?
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I've wrapped my hotend with high temp silicone tape.
I've installed a ceramic heater.
I imagine there is a pin on the Mini Rambo that can be re-purposed for controlling an external fan.

I removed the ceramic heater hotend when I was having auto calibration issues, only to discover that I was having the same issues with my resistor heater hotend. After the December firmware update cured the autacalibration feature, I have not had the time to reinstall the ceramic heater hotend.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
maddielee
Plasticator

Post by maddielee »

Could you post a picture of how you're mounting your berd-air? I'm having trouble with mine.

Also, are you using the air pump they sell with it?

Return to “ERIS Delta”