Grid Support is dragging

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
joboman
Plasticator

Grid Support is dragging

Post by joboman »

I'm trying to print something with grid support and everything sounds and looks okay for the actual object but when it prints the support material, it seems to drag on the top layer. Most noticeable is the sound but it looks like it's dragging slightly. Is there a setting that causes this? The support is printed at the same speed as the infill so I know it's not a speed issue.

ABS
235 C
60 mm/s for support & infill
30 mm/s for perimeter
Attachments
support.png
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Grid Support is dragging

Post by 626Pilot »

What slicer is this?
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

626Pilot wrote:What slicer is this?
This is the Mattercontrol Inbuilt slicer
626Pilot
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by 626Pilot »

Never used it, but if it's like Cura, it will make a grid for internal support, and - stupidly - cross its own lines while it does so. That behavior convinced me to abandon Cura immediately. I would hear it going bump, bump, bump as the head ran into filament it had just freshly extruded. The bumps built up layer after layer, and if I didn't make the skin thick enough, they would carry all the way up to the surface. A really bad algorithm, IMO.

I have been using KISSlicer for years. It's fast, and it generates excellent toolpaths. If you want to try it, the beta version is posted here. The release version is older and has fewer features. The guy only works on it sporadically, but it really is great.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”